The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my deer cushion that I always have snapped to my belt on my backside. I always have this attached because I never know when I am going to need it. Any suggestions,

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I have a rectangular foam seat. I have no idea where I got it, but I've had it for years. Serves me well, and I'd like to find another. Kind of like a Therm-a-seat.

I like it because when hunting, I use a medium-size ALICE pack and the seat fits neatly inside the frame without having to be put inside the pack.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The seat of choice for me is a tri-fold with a back support . It gets you up off of the ground and very comfy. Nestle in between some blowdowns and enjoy a morning hunt in comfort. These old bones are thankful !

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
For years I have been using a Mossy Oak Inflatable Seat/Cushion. They are very lite-weight, have an adjustable strap to wear around your waste or quickly buckle to a pack. http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/allen-self-inflatable-breakup-camo-seat-p-4841.html
They do not make noise and the cushion is adjustable by adding or letting out the air inside. If you get the wet they dry out quickly. There is no back support but that's why god put trees in the forest.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Also, if you buy a new deer seat cushion and it doesn`t have a snap on it`s loop like many of the new ones don`t. I use a Caribeener clip from the loop to my belt.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. The one that I had was a square cushion that I purchased from a Sportsman Show years ago. It was nice and light with at least a 2 inch cushion and no matter where I hunted, it was with me. I used in tree stands and on the ground.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I use a seat I bought in Wal-Mart. It is donut design, having an 8 in. innertube probably a wheel barrow tire innertube, with a heavy codura cloth covering. I have not seen these since I bought mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts