The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this will be the 2nd deer season in my place. I love the place, great woods bordering the national forest in Sheffield. Walk right in. Lots of deer in the area.
The worst thing is hunting by myself.
If anyone is interested in joining me, cost you nothing but split of the food, and you can make a donation to the utility fund.
I have plenty of room
If interested let me know and we can talk and go from there
No drugs, alcohol and smoking are ok. Just be respectful like most are

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Very nice offer RTH. Frankly, had this been posted sooner, I just may have talked with you about accpeting, if you'd be willing to allow my 10 year old daughter to tag along. She's already harvested a buck in archery, but just wants to tag along with dad. Kid's a chip off the old block lol. I've told her deer camp stories from when I was young, and some day I'd like her to be able to experience it.

Best of luck to you this year!

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Nice offer.......good luck:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice offer RTH. Frankly, had this been posted sooner, I just may have talked with you about accpeting, if you'd be willing to allow my 10 year old daughter to tag along. She's already harvested a buck in archery, but just wants to tag along with dad. Kid's a chip off the old block lol. I've told her deer camp stories from when I was young, and some day I'd like her to be able to experience it.

Best of luck to you this year!

That's what it's all about. I grew up going to the old fashioned Pennsylvania deer camp. Sunday to Sunday, 25 people 10 beds when I first started
Hasn't been the same since my Dad died in 2004.
My son who's 27 now never got into hunting,

My 5 year grandson I think will hunt. I'm hoping to take him out for some local late season special regs here at home for a couple hours and see how he does.

Your daughter would have been just fine, I'm just about having some good times, good hunting, good food. Love to entertain, im told I make a great breakfast.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
So this will be the 2nd deer season in my place. I love the place, great woods bordering the national forest in Sheffield. Walk right in. Lots of deer in the area.
The worst thing is hunting by myself.
If anyone is interested in joining me, cost you nothing but split of the food, and you can make a donation to the utility fund.
I have plenty of room
If interested let me know and we can talk and go from there
No drugs, alcohol and smoking are ok. Just be respectful like most are

You sir is what hunting is all about and very respectful of you to do this!

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
RTH wishing you and all you guests good luck hunting. And all Hunting PA members the same. Not going this year myself but plan to next year as just too much work to finish on my house remodel so I can live in it before Christmas.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
My wife didn't like me hunting alone either. Came home one weekend all bruised up from a bad fall. Met some great guys on here and now she is not worried as much. Good luck with your new friends.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's great news. I hunt alone, although I don't have a camp. I understand your feelings. It's nice to meet up during day and discuss what you've seen, etc. Then at night really shoot the bull. My buddy used t have a camp up in Elk county, but he passed away a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RTH wishing you and all you guests good luck hunting. And all Hunting PA members the same. Not going this year myself but plan to next year as just too much work to finish on my house remodel so I can live in it before Christmas.

Hopefully get to meet you some time. Just got in.i gave 2 friends coming in from Pittsburgh. The power of Facebook. Slight possibility of still 2 old Army friends coming from Arkansas and Maryland

·
Registered
230 Posts
If my dad passes away - next year, and I don't have anyone to hunt with, I would love to go to camp with you. Just isn't possible this year - too many irons in the fire and too many health problems. Thanks for the offer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts