The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our camp located in 2g, near Conrad in Potter county had six guys this year. We managed to take 3 beautiful buck out of the susquehannock forest.
<a href="http://s303.photobucket.com/user/HNTRDAVE/media/47C5A8AF-A925-4EDE-B209-0EEDAAAE36B6_zpstqz7p4tp.jpg.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
[/URL
</a>

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Wow! Very nice bucks. How about a little story to go with the pics? Were you stand hunting, still hunting,putting on little drives? Had you patterned these bucks, or just scouted for good activity?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Headed up to the east fork next monday night for the rest of the week and after what I saw in bear season and this I am that much more excited. I have to ask..... what hollow or area were you hunting? I will be in the birch run all week next week.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loridr,my 8 point was killed from the ground sitting against a cherry tree on a bench at the top of a hollow. Opening day I usually sit all day, and hope that the other hunters will have the deer moving. I killed him at 745 in Monday. My buddy who killed the 10 saw him on Sunday morning while scouting. Another camp member missed him on Tuesday afternoon not far from where he was scene on Sunday. My buddy was still hunting along a ridge on Wednesday morning, and shot him while he was with does.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rooster, opening day I sit all day. Rest of the week I will spot and stalk along ridge tops. Truly is a magical place up there!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Great Northwoods pa bucks. Our camp in potter went 3 deer for 7 guys. Good year. What part u at. We off bean hill rd

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Wow...nice job. My first two years hunting were spent at a camp outta Conrad. Used to have a Moose Crossing sign out front, until someone stole it. I remember those two seasons ('82 & '83) quite well. Rainy, cold, sleet. Wore Dad's old red/black plaid Woolrich, that weighed a ton after getting wet. Used to see herds of upwards of 50 does, trying to find that one that had 3" spikes in the mix. My have times changed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts