The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dont eat much of the burger that comes off the deer we shoot. Any suggestions on what to do with it?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
go to con-yeager and get some of the burger seasoning kits. They make venison burgers great. Almost all of mine goes to bologna though.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
http://www.conyeagerspice.com then go to online store and look under burger seasonings. I have used the jalapeno and monterey jack, the chili cheese and the blue cheese. they are all very good.

·
Administrator
30,195 Posts
PaArchHuntr said:
We dont eat much of the burger that comes off the deer we shoot. Any suggestions on what to do with it?
I enjoy venison burger, so in my kitchen it takes the place of ground beef in quite a few recipes. Of course I understand that not everybody is as into it as I am, so I would suggest mixing it with store bought burger and using it that way.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you don't want ground burger then make sticks, jerky,sausage,bologna. When we get done butchering the only thing left is bones.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
For next year, when making bambiburger, try to keep as much venison fat out of it as possible. For regular burger add pork fat. If you want it for spaghetti sauce, add some hot sausage instead. Spices as mentioned above is also good.

If you already have the burger in the freezer, try loose frying it under low temp. to remove most of the fat. Drain the meat. At that point it can go into a sauce or another dish. If you want "hamburgers", add whipped eggs to hold the meat together.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Take the burger, take some bacon, and take a little bit of fat. Run it all through a meat grinder 2 more times to mix. It makes great burgers!

·
Registered
761 Posts
we make alot of our burger meat into bologna, peperoni, snack sticks or make meat loafs, taco seasoned meat, hamburgers with steak dust seasoning on them....always better when topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions or pepper jack cheese on top. I love my ground venision or bear. Some will say to add pork fat. To some that may be advantageous but I feel that just plain venison will do just fine with deer fat in it. Venison is a lean healthy meat and adding pork fat you might as well purchase your meat in the store.

·
Registered
761 Posts
oh or eat lots and lots of chili through the winter. I have never had a complaint about anything I have made from ground meat...Or you can make sausage out of it good for breakfasts or added to your spagetti sauce.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It's great in chili and there's nothing like a
big pot of Buck-a-roni at camp after a long day
in the woods. The guys I hunt with love it!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dave, do that all the time. Despite what some people will say. We have taken the burger out. thawed it made the bologna and refroze it. It is fine do that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts