The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law asked me if I know of anywhere that would be a good place to go for a deer and bear combo hunt. His son wants a hunt like this for a graduation present this year. My BIL said he's open to Maine and Eastern Canada but doesn't want the hunt to be out west or in western canada. It can be bow or rifle. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Send him to Virginia...Tons of beautiful mountains, and I believe some bear/ deer seasons overlap....Virginia is the easts best kept secret.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wants a hunt with a guide. Do you know of any? BTW Ken I'm planning on taking your advice and going to Virginia next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Huckleberry Ridge Hunting Preserve is awesome. It's on the northest shore of NC. The 2500 acre ranch looks like you went out west and the thousands of acres that they manage and hunt close to the coast is full of black bear. It's tough to get a hunt booked though unless you do it early. The last time I was there I got an autograph from a major league pitcher. It was a top of the line hunt.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Big Ken is right...Va has great deer hunting and minimal pressure. Hunted the Central part and western mountains for years....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts