The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone hear about the supposed deer antler spray ray lewis of the baltimore ravens had used? now that this has been spread through the news and tv, am sure this is gonna bring the poachers out thinking they can make a few dollars by poaching deer in velvet. what do you think?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Already laws on the books about selling animal parts, and I doubt that it's cheap to process them into something to be sold. Companies who make this voodoo juice would need large quantities and as such would be under scrutiny as to their source. Just cheaper and easier to get them legit from some deer or elk farm than off the black market.

Now, if some individual ying-yangs want them, there might be a market, but it wouldn't be very large.

But now's a good time to put some more teeth into the laws about selling animal parts and poaching. Make getting caught painful and it ends real quick.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I will be glad when he retires im tired of hearing about him lol. What are they extrating from the velvet?

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I can't help wondering who the scientist was who did the research to discover this stuff. Deer velvet: eaten, chewed, sprayed, in pill form

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This is nothing new and the PGC has been prosecuting people for selling antler in velvet from poached deer for a long time. There is a big oriental presence in PA, particularly Koreans. Antler in velver ground into powder has been used for centuries by orientals as medicine.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Ron, as a Korean woman told me as I was removing bear galls and velvet antler from her freezer on a search warrant when I ask her how she used antler, she said "mix little bit with Johnny Walker red and drink, it is good for the libber".

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
antler in velvet
shark fins
bear gallbladders
rhino horns

just a few items that lead to poaching....mainly demanded by one culture around the world. I'll stop there because the rest of what I have to say about it will cause me to ban myself

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
John S said:
Ron, as a Korean woman told me as I was removing bear galls and velvet antler from her freezer on a search warrant when I ask her how she used antler, she said "mix little bit with Johnny Walker red and drink, it is good for the libber".
I dont think I want it going thru my libber....

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
John S said:
Search warrant?....so your a game commission officer?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts