The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always kept my dekes in the garage and not in the shed due to mice and the hot temps of summer . Fact is I could use the room in the garage ...Does anyone have any tips or does anyone just leave them in the shed and is there any problems with dryrotting or anything. Especially the flocked dekes

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I keep mine in the shed with one of those buckets that are used to dehumidify the air. No problems so far

·
Registered
306 Posts
Anybody just leave them hang right in their trailer? This is the first year I have that option, just wondering...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't know how you were storing them in the garage. I built a loft for all my canada decoys 2 years ago and it has been a godsend. I have 2 dozen full bodies, 2 dozen shells, 9 floaters, and other assorted gear in this photo. Added some hooks to hang bags, coats, wet clothes etc.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
zdawg said:
Anybody just leave them hang right in their trailer? This is the first year I have that option, just wondering...
I do. They are in a large heap at the nose of the trailer. Followed by a pile of blinds. The decoys are fine. Sometimes the decoys at the bottom of the pile get squished but they can be blown back to shape with an air compressor if need be. I never worry about it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts