The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a few cheap decoys to take my nephews out for the youth season. Problem is, I've tried flattening them out under the mattress for weeks to no avail.
They came rolled with a stake between them, and still have some bend to them. Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Usually dipping in hot water for a few minutes or using a hairdryer will take the creases out. After heating, stuff some rags up inside to get the normal shape back. Be careful not to overheat with the hairdryer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Had the same situation. Put the mounting sticks in the decoys.
Stuff them with paper and use a Hair dryer on them to get them warm. If its a really sunny day place them in direct sunlight in front of a window. Worked for me .

·
Registered
722 Posts
I use newspaper as a filler and love the simple cheap decoys.. Good Luck to all.....as my son woke me up acting like it was Saturday and he was ready to go this morning...I laughed as he was kidding.....amazing how fun it is to take a kid hunting..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Run them in the a hot clothees dryer for a few minutes to get them hot and soft. This should allow you to get them opened up to the normal size and shape. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts