The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen! So stupid it borders on Irresponsibility to sell it.

·
6,471 Posts
it doesn't say you use it as an umbrella just sets up like one. its just a decoy like any other decoy. you set it up and hunt just as you would any thing else

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
treestand91 said:
it doesn't say you use it as an umbrella just sets up like one. its just a decoy like any other decoy. you set it up and hunt just as you would any thing else
That's what I was thinking too. I highly doubt they intend for you to sit behind it. Just like a Montana decoy but collapses and transports like an umbrella.

·
Super Moderator
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great danger of being shot by tree stand hunters while you walk through the woods on a rainy day spinning your umbrella above your head.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Born2Hunt said:
Great danger of being shot by tree stand hunters while you walk through the woods on a rainy day spinning your umbrella above your head.
I hate to say it.....But ya know somebody is gonna do exactly that.

Then again, Not a bad gift for the MIL.....might have to get one.

·
Super Moderator
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you set behind your decoy using it as a blind is it illegal...perhaps a little unsafe unless you are in the middle of a huge open field.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
That's not a decoy. They make the exact same thing, to use as a blind. It's a blind of sorts, with an image printed on it. And if you somehow had a decoy big enough to hide behind, and tried using it as a blind, yes, it would be illegal. Granted, it's marketed as a decoy, but it seems easy enough to see how it could be used as a blind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.