The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend Frank Sticka from Montana has bred decoy dogs from the Dorn line for 25 years. I picked one up March of 2020 and can hardly wait to go back and get another one. These dogs have decoy in their blood and are smart as they come. They are all work and are ready to learn..

Frank has a new litter that is 7 weeks old. 4 females and a male which is coming with me.

Anyway, wanted to put it out there if any of you are interested in a pup and or a trip to Sidney, MT to get them, let me know asap. Pups are 600.00 each. Probably more for fuel.

PM me for my number and we can discuss.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Plant
Carnivore Mesh Road surface Fence Asphalt
Plant Water Road surface Asphalt Mesh
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Companion dog
Dog Fence Carnivore Mesh Dog breed
Plant Grass Carnivore Road surface Groundcover
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Plant

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greyhound, Airdale, jag Terrier and one more I can't think of at the moment. Frank has added Border collie, Australian Shepard, Catahoula curr and Idaho Shag.
My dog is all decoy and is a circle herder naturally. Great truck dogs.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
That's amazing. Is it a territorial response that drives the yotes and makes them forget all caution?
Without a doubt YES. Breeding time and pup raising time are the best as they are really territorial during those periods.

My friend uses Airedales and they are terrific. I used to take my German Shepard with me more as a companion than decoy work but he would alert me of an incoming coyote long before I could see it.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Kip, looks like the pup in the fourth and fifth pictures.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Open fields are the best. Actually I'm getting the second dog so I can hunt. Taking an unexperienced dog alone, the first time, could result in a bad day, vet bill or worse. A friend has 2 from the same line, but health problems kept us from hunting together. Buddy hates coyotes and I am concerned he will want to fight with them. He has seen several on the trapline.

Reactions: Longbeard12
1 - 20 of 27 Posts