The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to run a week long vacation line this year so I packed up my gear and headed out to Missouri with a friend of mine. I had a goal of catching one of every legal furbearer in the state and while we fell a little short of that we still had a great time. Here are a few of the pics I snapped.

My PA season was going ok but I snagged two yotes on the day I pulled my local line.

Lots of coon out there

Caught this cat on the first check, second trap of the day!

First day dog

It rained from the time we left PA until about the third check day. As you will see we had some muddy critters.
First days catch

The sun did shine towards the end of our trip.

A nice tom

Frosty morning red

We learned that skinning as we went was the best option so we don't have many full days catch picture but we caught all these guys in fairly short order

On the last check day we still lacked an otter, a mink and a badger. I really thought we would get an incidental mink but we never did. I have never set for otter or badger but once the creeks came back down to somewhat normal levels I kept putting in otter sets. I was rewarded on the last morning!

video of a coyote

http://vid377.photobucket.com/albums/oo219/kjd173/IMG_5762_zpsczo7c37d.mp4

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was trapping private land. Public land trapping in Missouri has some strange laws. I think you are only allowed to use dog proof traps and you have to apply for a permit to use them a month in advance of the season. On private land the laws are much more trapper friendly.

·
Premium Member
24,083 Posts
Nice!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts