The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the gc come and remove a dead deer from my property its not by the road but in the woods near my house and is stinking up my property

·
Registered
669 Posts
No not out of a woods. Put a bag of lime on it. As of January we don't pick up along State roads either.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Happened to my brother last Archery season. Deer must have got hit by a car, made it to the woods, and decided to lay down and die about 10 yards from his treestand. The smell was so bad he couldn't hunt there! I called the GC and asked if we were OK to move it, we got the OK, tied the drag rope on it, talk about discusting! And drug that thing far away from the stand. Nasty.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
blaise said:
will the gc come and remove a dead deer from my property its not by the road but in the woods near my house and is stinking up my property
If you come and remove all the manure the farmers are spreadin here in Lancaster County, I'll come remove yer deer problem.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
DutchIf you come and remove all the manure the farmers are spreadin here in Lancaster County said:
http://testvb.huntingpa.com/forums/images/smilies/grin.gif[/img]
I love that smell of good country spring time air.
But then again I grew up on a dairy farm.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
Take a ride in the country this time of the year, roll down window and take a DEEP breath. Nothin' like it, LOL.
You don't live in Lancaster County, do you? LOL

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I can handle Horse and Cow manure spread on the fields. How in the world ANYBODY can live on or near a Sheep farm however, is beyond me.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
2 bags of lime, 5 bags of kitty litter. lime it up good, then the kitty litter. the decomposition of the flesh creates a very moist environment, which makes the kitty litter clump, creating a smell proof cocoon very similar to what the gangsters used to do with cheats and liars in Vegas back in the 50's

·
Registered
185 Posts
amazing that those inconsiderate deer (of which there none left in this state) should up and go dead right by your house...disgusting thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts