The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post this, look up the story. Such [censored]. Most of realize that anytime you can get a kid in the woods hiking is a WIN! There rationale was bull, hope the gnomes and kids find another good home. Sounds like the guy that makes them gnome houses is a great guy. gnomes sent packing

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
The gnome stuff is all over parts of Nockamixon,a state park. When the new bike trails went in a few years ago so did the knomes. The first spring turkey hunt after the trails went in,I walk in at 5am find one of my usual spots in the dark, set up and at dawn find myself 10 yards from a trail, and the tree in front of me looked like gnomeville. Some cheeky gnome was moonin me! That whole 10 acre section of woods was lost to turkey huntin

·
Registered
843 Posts
Good move. Probably would not have long before people started shooting them and scattering them around the woods.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Around my neighborhood, somebody has been planting stuffed animals. Drive along and one day notice a pink plush teddy bear peering out of the hollow at the base of an old stump, or the long armed yellow stuffed monkey hanging from the tree branch over the Hake's Hollow Bridge. Heck back in the middle of the woods, there was a traffic sign on the tree which said 'fire lane, no stopping standing or parking. ' It seems to be every spring that the new ones appear. At one time there were probably 15 of those road side stuffed animals that I noticed within two miles of home. A house in Dallastown had a giant plush "tigger" on the second floor waving to traffic coming North on Rt 74.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
If the park folks were smart, they would let it go in for 3 weeks a year in the summer with the understanding that each piece is to be removed at the end.

Folks get the gnomes, people use the park, kids get outdoors, midsummer isnt going to disturb or erode anything.

But that is applying the superpower that is common sense.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
What a nice thing to do. Too bad everything that is good nowadays is bad. That is what is wrong with this Country. Evil wins over good. We cannot let this happen anymore. It is time to unite against evil. I still remember when people would walk down the sidewalks and smile and say good morning. Let's bring back the good days and leave evil in the waste basket where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yet again, living proof that government bureaucrats have way too much time on their hands and one too many chips on their shoulder towards the very people that pay their wages.

worries about compacted soil?!?! On a hiking trail already there? Come on guys
Disruption of wildlife habitat? They did that when they made it a public park fer cryin out loud!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts