The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*SNORE......SNORE....*...What? What was that? Oh, figures, another caution because a tampon wrapper got stuck to a grill.....well, back to sleep.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
What ? Something like 14 laps of 3 wide racing, front to back, at 200mph is anything but boring. If it is, you need another sport to watch or follow.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That was one of the most boring D500's Ive seen. Then to throw the caution on the last lap with the crash 1.5 miles away. If those guys are afraid to race back to the line, maybe they should take up golf.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The giveaway was when once respected, now senile Daryl Waltrip kept saying over and over again what an exciting race it was. That crap may have worked on 30 and unders, but if you remember the old races you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
theaceman said:
That was one of the most boring D500's Ive seen. Then to throw the caution on the last lap with the crash 1.5 miles away. If those guys are afraid to race back to the line, maybe they should take up golf.
They were racing back, NASCAR dropped the caution, it wasn't a bad race, wait till the short tracks for real excitement...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Coureur De Bois said:
What ? Something like 14 laps of 3 wide racing, front to back, at 200mph is anything but boring. If it is, you need another sport to watch or follow.
Do you enjoy watching beltway rush hour traffic also? This is not the 1st time this has happened in a race and afterwards they completely changed everything because nobody wanted to watch their driver stuck in the middle of the pack with nowhere to go... until the big one happens and then they get to go to the garage... or hospital.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
mrfritz44 said:
The giveaway was when once respected, now senile Daryl Waltrip kept saying over and over again what an exciting race it was. That crap may have worked on 30 and unders, but if you remember the old races you know what I'm talking about.
You just nailed it. I typically do not mind Waltrip and his antics, but yesterday he was over the top trying to sell the show to the fans. His post race Twitter comments are equally as hideous.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
RonM said:
theaceman said:
They were racing back, NASCAR dropped the caution, it wasn't a bad race, wait till the short tracks for real excitement...
Im sorry, but I respectfully disagree. If you dont think that was a bad race, then you dont remember the good old days when they could actually pass another car.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
JGR said:
Coureur De Bois said:
Do you enjoy watching beltway rush hour traffic also? This is not the 1st time this has happened in a race and afterwards they completely changed everything because nobody wanted to watch their driver stuck in the middle of the pack with nowhere to go... until the big one happens and then they get to go to the garage... or hospital.
First off, I avoid all beltways when ever possible.
Second, you are right about being stuck in the middle, but it was still exciting to see, 200mph, side by side with inches between cars, but this is what you get today with restrictor plate racing, which I hate. Not sure what the answer is to bring back the old days, maybe shorter track, but yeah I do remember and that was true racing.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
mrfritz44 said:
Take off the plates. .... or at least widen them!
Agreed!! I will watch again when they take the restrictor plates off of them. Let `em Fly!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yesterday I watched the race from a hospital room while visiting someone. The sound was low and there was other noise in the background to drown out even that, so I didn't have to listen to Ol' DW-sometimes you just get lucky!

·
20,123 Posts
I'm not a big race fan anymore but even I noticed Waltrip. It was as if he was trying sooooo hard to make the casual fan realize that 'this was as good as it gets!!' as if we were all sitting in our living looking at each other saying 'Well since Daryl says this is exciting than it must be!'. Like we aren't estute enough to know when something is enjoyable to watch. It was annoying at very best.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Overall attendance is way down. They have started taking seats out of some of the tracks just so they look full. They are their own worse enemy. They need to make some changes and get rid of the WWF type [censored].

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
My buddy is also a dyed in the wool Nascar fan and he says the attendance is down because race fans don't like seeing foreign cars like Toyota in the mix, they wwant ed Pontiac and Dodge in there...like they used to have..

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Real racecars race on dirt. Nascar could make the races a lot better simply by shortening them to 100 laps and cutting the field to get rid of the field fillers. No pit stops. The urgency to get to the front would produce real racing, instead of riding around for 3/4 race.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts