The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My day pack is approaching 20 years old , has a few worn spots and holes . Time for a new one . Any suggestions ? Thanks....Finn

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a rocky pack i love.. I keep looking at the badlands packs but just cant justify that much money on a pack... the maxpedition *sp* packs are nice as well but pricey

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I have a Horn Hunter Slingshot. I absolutely love it. Great for bowhunting, just as good for rifle hunting. Hands down my favorite day-pack to date. Cabela's carries them, but I don't think BPS does.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have a day pack from Crooked Horn Outfitters. It is pricey but it is very comfy and you can wear it all day with out geting a sore back or shoulders. It was practically glued to me on my western trips and I never even thought once about getting this thing off of my back

·
Registered
871 Posts
Camelbaks with built in reservoirs are nice. Unless you'd rather carry a seperate H20 bottle. They make ones with 60oz or more, waterproof, additional storage, and just about any camo pattern. Pretty durable, most Jarheads like them.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
The most comfortable day pack I ever had, and still have. The Cabela's Deluxe Whitetail Day Pack. Has two Buddy-Lok's for attaching my GPS and range finder, also has a hydration pouch if needed. Even with a heavy coat on, this thing is comfortable and I can still shoot the rifle while wearing it!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...rset=ISO-8859-1

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yotehunter74 said:
I have a rocky pack i love.. I keep looking at the badlands packs but just cant justify that much money on a pack... the maxpedition *sp* packs are nice as well but pricey
I have a Badlands, you won't regret buying one. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny. Lifetime warranty. My 2200 gets used alot, from hanging stands in archery to carrying extra clothes in the late season.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I like the badlands 2200 also. It's great for packing in heavy clothes when the weather turns cold or packing out game from the mountains of Colorado.
I also like the Cabela's Extreme Bowhunter Series Lumbar Pack for archery season.
I've used both packs in PA and Colorado and found them to be very comfortable.
The badlands 2200 was a lot better for packing out game.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love my maxpeditions, use them for everything, but pricey.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Go with badlands you can't beat the warranty and they are really comfy. I've got the superday pack and it works very well for archery, rifle, and predator hunting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Remington day pack that holds two water bottles and has a hydration set-up. It also has a detachable fanny pack for those small game days. I paid $32.00 for it. It's huge and has snap locks to hold it on your shoulders and waist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts