The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice on what day pack I should get for an elk hunt (gun) next year plus an everyday hunting pack. Not looking for a framed pack, just a standard backpack. I have been looking a t badlands but not sure if they are worth the price or if there is another brand you all would suggest. Needs to be light, confortable, and be compact yet functional

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I have a badlands Superday. Works good out west and here. It is absolutely light comfortable and compact. I do wish it was a tad bit bigger for more clothes. Badlands customer service is fantastic.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Thanks for the reply that is one of the packs at the top of my list
Super day has the gun/bow carrier built in . Hip belt and lots of pockets, lots of straps . If you are elk hunting out west this is a good choice. I have a Badlands( forgot model name) that's almost identical to Superday but does not have the pockets on the hip belt. I found them annoying and not a heck of a lot storage . Mine also has a pullout rain cover in the base.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a Tenzing 6000 absolutely love it after trying many others including Badlands, check them out 6000 if you are 6' or taller 5000 under 6'.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a nice pack. Even though only a little more than the others I need to try to watch all my $ so I can buy all the gear I need. 20 bucks here and there can buy something else later

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
In my experience.
I have used Badlands, Eberlestock, Kuiu..
Currently my wife and I use Kuiu Icon Pro 3200. Also had 1850..
Kuiu Icon Pro has Carbon fiber frame.. Hands down best pack I have owned and used.

I would buy Eberlestock X2 pack over a Badlands pack any day..
X2 has an internal gun scabbard.
Way more comfortable and better for hauling than Badlands.
My experience.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Looks like a nice pack. If you select pack only without the frame do you still get the waist and chest straps?
No, you have to buy the suspension as well. You don't need the frame if you just going to be using the 1850. Bag and suspension together will probably be about the same price as a Badlands.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
FWIW, tdd has a Eberlestock X2 for sale right now in the classy's. Was talking with him on it, and in researching it, I found Eberlestock's pack fitting video on utube.....something everybody with a pack should view. I'm sure there are others out there, but I never really thought about how much a pack can be adjusted to fit each body...all of which are different. JMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts