The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my first buck in archery this morning. Took the day off work to hunt friday, saturday and monday but looks like il get to relax now. Iv put in a good bit of time in the stand this year. Been seeing a bunch of doe and a few small bucks all year. Havent really seen too many "shooters". Had and encounter with a decent one twice but decided to pass. Got on stand this morning a little late. Got there about 630 and was already pretty light as i hunt a field edge. Spooked 2 doe where i park my truck. Well i get on stand and get ready to enjoy the morning. This is my first morning hunt of the season. It started off a little slow. See a few doe running around about 300 yards across another field. Turns out a little 4pt was running them around. About 815 a little 6pt came out of the woods pushing a doe pretty hard. He ran her all around the field i was sitting in. He was grunting the whole time. Finnaly he ran here passed me and back into the woods behind me. About 15 mins later i decided to rattle a little bit and see if anything happens. It wasnt 2 minutes after i rattled that same 6pt comes running in. Once he realized there wasnt another deer around he went out into to clover and started grazing a little. The doe he was chasing started to work her way back to the field aswell. Im watching her about 40 yards behind me slowly making her way to me. I turn to look at the little 6 and at this point hes about 150 yards out in the field. So i turn back to look for the doe and all i see is horns! This buck is about 35 yards behind me and working his way away from me. I have no idea where he came from. Never heard anything. I give 2 little gruts, he stops, rubs his horns a little and turns right to me. AT this point i pull my bow back and just let him walk. Ended up coming to about 10 yards and stops right in my shooting lane broad side. He never even looked at me. I let one fly. He does a few hops and stops. Now im thinking i missed. Then the deer takes off like a bat out of [censored] across the field. Now im really thinkging i missed, but as hes running his head just got lower and lower and then he pilled up about 80 yards away. Ended catching both lungs. Not sure what he would score.

Hes 22'' outside..
20 inside.

Used a hoyt maxxis 35..slick trick broad heads.

·
Registered
496 Posts
thats a stud....congrats on a great buck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts