The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't make it back out until Saturday. I'll be looking for a buck and a day. Good luck to those out in the woods today!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Got a Doe at 7:45 this mourning. Never had to track one so far. 1/4 mile and ended up finding it in about of foot of water in a lake. No more neck shots for me. Back out for a Buck this afternoon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Was out this a.m. for few hours on public land for buck only.No deer seen.No shootong.A few hunters spread out.Nice mornig to be out.Was in stand whole time.Getting ready for Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
Took a short walk this morning, saw nothing. I'm gonna go out and sit on a gas line in an hour or so and watch the sun go down.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sitting in a stand trying to fill my last doe tag. Might even let them walk and save my tag for late season! I just enjoy being out, especially in this mild weather!!

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Cracked a doe tonight a little before dark. Seen 11 or 12 deer tonigh including 2 little buck. Even though we have tags left, we are done for the season. This is deer number 10 and will fill up the freezer. Going to make some bologna and jerky out of the rifle deer. Pic doesn't do the deer justice as it was a pretty good size doe.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Awesome cspot, Congratz! I ended up seeing 3 nice doe, no shot at the lead doe which was HUGE, and 27 gobblers and jakes that roosted 120-130yds from me! So in other words I had an AWESOME evening!!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Left the house early and drove 2 1/2 hours to my camp in Potter. Spent the day roaming those magical hills. Deer sign was plentiful but deer sightings were not. I had a very nice (16-17") eight point come by dogging two does around 11:00. Naturally no shots at the antlerless deer but I could've shot the buck 100 times. Not many hunters in the woods and most of the camps were empty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts