The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one out? Beautiful morning in the skook. Lol. Rain moving in...but I am out. I have literally hunted every day dark to dark.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a scheduled day off today so I'm out. Don't think its gonna down pour so I don't mind. I'm dressed appropriately. Saw a nice buck Sat night with doe in a nearby cut corn field. I'll be out till dark

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Out with the crossbow. Two fawns so far. Only hunting until 10 and then back after it this evening.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I hunted Saturday, Monday, Friday, Saturday. The only day I saw deer was the first Saturday. I haven't seen a tail since the first day.

The good news, I know where the deer are and it's going to be tough to get to them, but I am confident I can at least set my eyes on a few. I will hunt Thur-Saturday this week.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Decided to quit at 9 this morning. Still hunted around some thickets and no deer seen. Not even a tail. I hunted hard every day so far and only saw 4 yearling doe last Tuesday. I know they are around. Found some fresh rubs and scrapes this morning. The rubs were so fresh the inner bark was still white and green. Im off all week so hopefully i see something and can connect. Frustrating season.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have one doe tag left for 5B, I want to save it for flintlock but I’ve been getting itchy. Nothing to stop me from taking my flintlock out now I guess. Probably going to wait though. If I get one after Christmas that will be my first time taking a deer in each season with different weapons.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Only saw the 2 fawns first thing this morning. No other hunters and no shooting. I got soaked. :disgust: Back out at 3:00. :salute:

·
Super Moderator
28,990 Posts
I wasn't going today, but got to work this morning and realized my CAC is still in pocket of the shirt I wore last week. Being an office weenie, no computer access means no working. Any other time of the year I would make the 1 1/2 round trip to go home for the card, but it's deer season. So,...... :thumbs:

Reactions: loridr

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Steady rain here. Doubt many are out in my area as it seems most don't like to get wet...I'm probably done for the year, but if I needed meat I'd be out. I've always had good luck on rainy days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was suppose to be off today and tomorrow, but the weather forecast discouraged me and I changed the days until end of week. I am regretting it so far since it’s not even really raining in my area.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Chose not to drive to camp last night due to the incoming rain. I will be out Friday and Saturday to finish off the gun season . Then back at it after Christmas with bow and slug gun in 2B .

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Sorry to hear you forgot your CAC Brian, gotta hate when that happens.

·
Super Moderator
28,990 Posts
Normally it's upsetting, but not today!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Doing some clinical stuff today, and really wishing I was out in the rain. Off all day tomorrow, so hoping for some more wet weather to still hunt in the am. Good luck to everyone that’s out!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Was a nice morning till the steady rain moved in around 9. I didn’t see any deer for only the 3rd time since the start of bow season and only heard 3-4 far away shots. Drying out and headed back out in a bit

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seen 8 so far...all doe. Surprisingly I have heard quite a bit of shooting..at least up until noon or so.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
What a miserable set that was. Windy, wet and dark already in 1A. Did have a bachelor group of 4 bucks stroll past. 1 legal small 8-point and 3 non-legal bucks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts