The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stoking the fire and getting motivated for a day in the cold. Hunting 3C with buck, bear and doe tags, so hopefully I'll have a chance to make meat today. Should be plenty of hunters about today, so hopefully that'll keep the critters moving. Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not stoking a fire but i did just put on the heater body suit. Very toasty!
Hunting 4A. Setup above a creek bottom that funnels them into my place. Bear or buck. Not doe hunting yet.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Good morning from 2A, frosty and clear. Might hold out for a buck, might not.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Just got settled on SGL here in 2A with Flinter. Have not been to this spot in a few years. Thick. Can’t see very far. May move after good light. Don’t want to shoot far anyway.

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
Is there anything more annoying than walking on frozen leaves trying to get to your spot ? I feel like I just kicked every deer off the mountain. Good luck guys .

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Should be the second busiest morning. I hope things are up and moving for everyone, make sure to sit until at least 1230 if your able!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Sitting in a box blind with my wife and son in 1b. Armed with binoculars, I hope they can get some shooting.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Plenty of shooting all around, but no deer sighted for me yet. Had a yote run down through, but couldn't get a shot. Might as well be hunting public with all the crap I took from the neighbor on the way in, so i'm sure his little tirade didn't help keep deer in the immediate area. I'm still-hunting my way across the top until I find a cozy spot, then probably settling in the rest of the day.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Is today the first day of buck/doe geez? Including me 5 guys hunting 1000 acre farm that is surrounded by posted land that is also hunted by folks and that included across the road. Only 2 shots heard by 10 this morning and they were way off. No deer seen for me yet

·
Super Moderator
28,990 Posts
Family duties completed this morning. Headed out now for the state forest. Through all of archery season and one day in rifle I've seen only one other person in the area I'm going to, and that was just a flashlight going up the hill yesterday morning. Hopefully it's not overrun today.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Sat on my buddy’s property in 3B, but my doe tags are 3D, so naturally I have 5 doe walk by me before first light! LOL

Then, about 6:30, I had two bucks cross in front of me. Just too dang dark to fully make out the points! I am 99% sure the first one was legal, but I wasn’t going to pull the trigger until I was 100% sure.

About 7:30, I saw another buck to my right, he was legal but he was just below the crest of a hill how we there was a house and driveway just over the crest, so no shot!

Oh well.....such is the life of a hunter.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Still sooooo dead hear. Moved to go walk for a family member. Other hunters busting thru towards me now.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts