The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose headed out this morning? I'm out in 1A today trying to punch a couple for tags (or a buck tag). Good luck guys!

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
I have all week off and ended up sick all night 😟

·
Registered
930 Posts
Saw 7 baldies this morning. Deer were moving. Buddy shot a nice 5 point at 7:30 150 yards over the ridge from me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not even a tail. I sat in a different stand until 230 then walked thick brush. Zero deer in 2.5 days of hunting public and private land. Waiting for my dad to walk out now.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Hunted a different spot in 3D from noon until about 4:14pm. Nothing moving. Did hear a few distant shots towards the windmills, so hopefully there is a lucky hunter or two out there.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sat all afternoon in 2-G. Saw some chikadees, that's it! About a half dozen shots spaced out through the afternoon. I moseyed around this morning and also saw nadda!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I shot my 3A doe this morning in McKean County and the fiancé got one as well about 50 min later. Dragging one out from where we hunt is hard enough two was quite the project. Great morning in the woods none the less.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ended up seeing a tail slipping into the afternoon stand. Saw two different red fox today. That's three fox in less than a week and thats more fox than deer deer that I have seen in the same time frame.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Doe and 2 fawns came past this morning with a buck in tow....too bad he was a half rack Y buck! Kicking myself for not shooting the big doe! Didn't see a deer the rest of the day.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hunted 2A today. Found a nice area with tons of fresh tracks and scat but didn't see a deer. Friday is my last shot. Hopefully the cold snap will get the deer moving.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out all day in 1a. Not even a tail here either. No shooting on the GL I was on either. Talked with another gentleman who took a jaunt through the woods and he had the same luck.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Decided to sleep in a bit and still hunt some gamelands in 5A. After driving through one and seeing 6 trucks, we moved to another one and decided to stalk our way through what seemed like the most hellish place that we knew of on this gameland. After a few hours of sneaking/crawling along trails and passing tons of rubs and scrapes, 3 does ran across in front of my dad and I kicked out a big deer. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe, but I'm leaning on it being a buck since the body was so big. So then we went in for lunch and headed back out around 3 at a farm we have permission to hunt on and hunt a woodlot with a thick creek bottom bordering a field. My dad set up on one end and I sat on the other. About 30 minutes before the end of legal shooting time, I decided to slowly make my way through the creek bottom hoping to either get a shot at something or push something out to my dad. But, that didn't work out and we left shortly thereafter. These deer are obviously very pressured and aren't going to be moving much during daylight. So, we'll be out again all of Friday and Saturday. Good luck to all and be safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts