The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would get the ball rolling again today.No scouting for me today.Flintlock packed up for my doe hunt tomorrow on public in 2A.Looks like the powder will stay dry tomorrow,not taking a center fire on trip.Look forward to hearing some stories for today's hunts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beautiful morning in the Skook as well. Things have certainly slowed...First 4 days I saw 41 doe and 6 legal bucks...then boom. Haven't seen a tail since.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I decided to play hooky today and just arrived in 3C at first light. Currently taking a break as I ease up the gas line toward where I want to be on some public ground. Happily, there's still plenty of snow up here. Hoping to cut a bear track, but so far just plenty of deer and human tracks, a reasonably fresh gutpile, and a small spike. Good luck to all who are out!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I got a buck in archery and have been going stir crazy all week to get out tomorrow for doe in 2A. I'll be able to hunt all day tomorrow and every evening until I head to camp for next Friday and Saturday doe.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Working a 24 today. Weather in 1B is/was dreary with light rain and some sleet. Deer are definitely on the move this morning though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I punched my buck tag in archery so I finely get to head to camp tonight tomorrow's hunt. The week of hearing everybody else's stories has been driving me nuts. Hopefully I will punch an antlerless tag tomorrow.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Its been a difficult year so far here in 2C until today. Punched my tag on this mountain buck today. 13 points total with a drop tine, an old buck for sure. Good luck to the rest of you tomorrow.
Congrats on a really nice buck!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
My daughter in law texted me when I got home work and said a nice buck was chasing does in their back hay field. Only had 30 minutes to hunt but threw on my orange and grabbed my gun and headed out the door. Snuck to about 100 yards of the buck and he was chasing 6 does around, nice 8 point but not one I would shoot. Still good to see that many does in this area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts