The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year!

This will be my first day out with my flinter. Heading out shortly and going to try to stay out until dark. Hoping to sneak up on a big 'ol backstrap queen!! Always wanted to take one of the first day of the new year!

Good luck all.

·
Registered
691 Posts
getting the gang together for the first time this season today. Hopefully we can push a few around and get some lead flying!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Was out last night and saw quite a few deer all feeding pretty hevily in a cut corn field. Won't make it out till later this afternoon and hope to be closer to where they were.
Good hunting and be safe.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Headed out soon. Will be casual today. I have found today to have a lot of hunters out, normally. I don't go back to work until March. I will really get serious starting tomorrow. I have been out two evenings. I know the deer are REALLY moving good in this weather pattern. I have seen 16 deer in 5 hrs of hunting.

·
Registered
691 Posts
we saw 14 this morning among 6 of us, one miss. pretty good morning in my opinion

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
4 small antlerless and two bucks, all under 50yds. Everything is still running. Already have a buck and passed the little ones up.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Went out for the last hour and half and just still hunted. had a one antlerd fork horned buck at 50 yards. more than i expected since i was going out more for a recon/scouting trip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
been out to game lands a few times so far this year. seeing some tracks.singles with single beds in snow....mr buck? some really fresh tracks but no deer seen yet. hunted till lunchtime today. went to parents house for pork/sauerkraut and college football rest of day. well sort of. i fell to sleep on recliner

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found lots of fresh sign yesterday, including a few places where they are hammering the acorns. Back after them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
We had a tough day, couldn't get anything to run the right way today! Finally on the last drive we got 2 does and had several "clicks"! There were 6 of us hunting today and that makes 4 for our group so far this season. Hopefully get out Friday, if not we'll be hunting Saturday.
Good luck to all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts