The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heading out again, 10-16 mph wind forecast for lower 5B.

Hope the extra people out get them on their feet.

Good luck be safe.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I set a ground blind on a fresh rub-line Thursday may sit in it to buck (pun intended) some of this wind....it's right on a transition into the thickest nastiest bedding around.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Plan on sitting all day unless I get called to work. At work now and I am on call today so we will see what happens. 39 degrees here with a light wind, with the doe opener here today there should be some guys out hunting.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Taking a mentor out to see if we can catch something moving. I have a blind set up in some roll bales to watch a field. Hope to see something moving.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Good luck to everyone. Hopefully I can fill a doe tag in 5A. 35 degrees and 10-20mph winds. Just heard a shot and it's only 6:22. Smh

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
In stand since 6:30, getting daylight now. Clear, cool and calm in 4E, heard a few shots off in the distance. Good luck everyone, shoot straight and be safe today..

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sitting with my 13 yr old waiting for a doe in 4e. Little shooting early on. Long walk in but hoping it is worth it.

·
Administrator
14,426 Posts
Good luck to all.

I've only heard 3 shots and they were distant. First shot was at 0708.

The wind is ripping here.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good Luck to all today. In my 4C treestand since well before sun up. I've heard 16 shots so far. Hopefully something comes my way.

VERY windy!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm hunting a SGL in 2C with my dad. One other car where we are

Hunted last night on SGL 176, 49 cars parked in the gamelands. Saw lots of hunters

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Hunting game lands in 5b Lebanon county. Several cars in the parking lot. Only saw two hunters that keep moving closer and closer to me. They move every hour. They setup at 200 yards away and are now about 100 yards. They don't seem to be able to sit still. Oh well it's public. Only heard a handful of shots and have not seen anything yet.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The good news, I got a call this morning at 7:30, my youngest grandson got his first!

The bad....
Unfortunately my deer season had monkey wrench thrown in it's gears. Maw had a pretty bad Psoriatic arthritis flare. In short the palms of her hands and soles of her feet crack and peel to the point they bleed. As it is currently she can barely walk so its my job to take care of the 'ol gal which is far more important to me than a mangy goat!

Bill

·
Administrator
14,426 Posts
The good news, I got a call this morning at 7:30, my youngest grandson got his first!

The bad....
Unfortunately my deer season had monkey wrench thrown in it's gears. Maw had a pretty bad Psoriatic arthritis flare. In short the palms of her hands and soles of her feet crack and peel to the point they bleed. As it is currently she can barely walk so its my job to take care of the 'ol gal which is far more important to me than a mangy goat!

Bill

Congrats to the grandson and a prayer for a speedy recovery for Maw.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Started my walk at 6:00 and got to the area I wanted to be by 6:30.

Saw more hunters today than opening day and the weather was perfect, except the winds are still out of the NW
Around 7:15 two hunters came walking briskly down a snow mobile trail and past the tree I had a hang on stand attached to but must not have even seen me. About 5 min. later 3 doe came out. I watched them for a bit and burnt my DMAP on the bigger one.
This is it for me for rifle season, but I still have my buck tag and another doe tag for 3C, which I intend on using for late archery.

Glad its cold out so I can leave the deer hang until tonight when I get back from Christmas tree cutting with my family before I take it to the processor.
Good Luck to all, next week has a couple days of light snow in the forecast, but I have to work.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Just got back in my tree after getting my wife's doe out and gutted. She saw at least 15.... Me...none....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts