The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck to everyone heading out.

My weather is a repeat of yesterday but colder...15-18 mph winds starting at 11, hope to be at the butchers by then!

Stay safe.

·
Registered
838 Posts
For the first time ever I tagged out on opening morning.
Good thing I can hunt Maryland today I'd be going crazy. Lol

Good luck hunt safe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Almost no one out today where I am. Had a little buck run in front of me on the drive in. So far nothing yet from the stand.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I took the long way to work this morning through my local SGL. Only one truck in any of the parking areas..Thousands of acres and no hunting. Kind of makes me happy.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Its sunny, cold but a brisk breeze out of the west but definitely the nicest day of the week.
Today is a very slow walk kind of day, but I am seeing more people hiking than hunting so far.
I don't think I heard a total of 50 shots all week.

I am starting to regret opting out of hunting private land in 3C I have permission to hunt but figured on letting that settle down a bit since we took 3 buck and 2 doe off there the week before the election and I want to go back for late archery.

Tomorrow is the end of my rifle season around noon since the PM is my annual family Christmas tree cutting.
Good Luck to everyone still hunting:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Big boy just ran through my back yard at 9:07. Ran around my garden shed, through my compost pile, and into the little finger hollow behind my yard. At least a big 10, well out past the ears. Got bumped out of someone's back yard.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Didn't see a thing all morning and heard only 5 shots. Hardly anyone in the woods today. Think I'll still hunt from lunch til around 2:30 and then hop up in a stand.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Getting out in the woods shortly.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Been out in 2d all morning....seen a 4pt and 4 does so far. Nice morning, happy to be out. Good luck

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Was out this morning,beautiful morning but no deer. My brother texted me around 10: 00 said he shot a big doe. Went and helped him get it out. Backout this evening in the tree stand.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
No hunting today, had some honey-do's I had to take care of.

Be out tomorrow, bright and early. Antlerless season kicks in here in 3D, so I'm hoping there will be some increased activity. Buck or doe.....just want to put some venison in the freezer.

Noon weather said maybe some flurries later tonight and tomorrow morning. Would be nice to have a little white on the ground.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Plan is to do same as yesterday, head over to my spot right from work. The tree guys were at it again on the main road back to our station so hopefully if they're done by the afternoon, I'll be able to get in a full hour before dark. Going out again tomorrow AM and PM with honey do's in between.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I went out and sat the last 2 mornings. Yesterday had an unknown cross in front of my stand before light and a buck at first light behind my stand. I couldn't put tines on the beams in the low light. Heard 3 quick shots at about 8 and then some guys walking around the neighboring farm. No deer seen today. I repositioned my climber closer to a bedding thicket for tomorrow. The pressure on the neighbors is altering movement.

·
Registered
249 Posts
dec 2nd

nice morning in the woods 4 of us out 13 deer seen my nephew got an 8 pt at 8am. and one of the old timers got a doe around 815. The buck was trailing a doe. My nephew said 3 doe and a 4 pt came by with 4 pt just harrassing the last doe about 5 min later here comes the 8 with his nose to the ground on the same trail. Overall great morning to be out good luck to all and be safe.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
What a nice day, saw some deer still hunting but never got within gun range.
I made it to the top back of Big Boulder Mt and the rain washed all the man made and natural snow that was there last Saturday. Unless your roller balding nothing going to happen this weekend up there:)
Heard some shooting around 11 AM but have not seen anyone hunting except the 2 guys who were with me.
Going to sit as long as there is light and be back at it before 6 tomorrow. I hope more hunters are out tomorrow early because my rifle season is done tomorrow at noon.

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts