The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I have a hankering to get back out there. And I will once I get this big fella' cut up.

I still have some doe tags, plus a buck tag and a doe tag for New York.

Steve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Monday & Tuesday I went out to SGL 281 in Perry County. Kicked up a few Monday but didn't catch their sex as I only saw their behinds while they jumped into some thick stuff. Tuesday I managed to see 1 doe in the downpour.

Today I'm switching it up and waiting to go out around lunchtime and maybe have better luck in the afternoon versus the morning hunt.

Haven't seen many people out, 2 cars at SGL 281 both Monday & Tuesday.

I'll update later this evening!

·
Registered
19,784 Posts
Still 4 of us here in 3D and from the looks of things have all of SGL 129 and Hickory Run to ourselves.
Had snow showers and the winds are picking up but only deer I crossed paths with was a spike that was nice sized body but horns you couldn't see with the naked eye at 40 yards.

Have 2 1/2 days left.
With doe closed till Saturday I think a lot of hunters didn't even bother going out this first week.
Yesterday it rained hard most of the day then when it slowed down the pea soup fog rolled in to where we called it a day around 3:30.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Went out on lunch in 4a. saw some sign didn't see any deer. We had snow where I live in 2c. Wish I was off of work this morning.

·
Registered
19,784 Posts
Winds have been picking up since 11. Coming from WNW at around 20 mph.
Section of pines I was in are rocking and rolling so time to head towards the pipeline and lower ground.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Hunted a piece of SGL #91 in Bear Creek. I decided to work the scrubs and managed to kick out one deer. Could not tell if it had a rack, only that it was a deer. Heard one shot towards the turnpike, but that was it.

Found a couple of new piles of bear crap, so there seems to be a few still running around on the mountain. Bear season is still in Friday & Saturday here in 3D.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hunted a different stand again today and sewn one little one at 8am that was crippled (left front leg) and then seen 4 more throughout the day...hunting private land in 4A.
Back in my original stand tomorrow..

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Birch812 said:
Still 4 of us here in 3D and from the looks of things have all of SGL 129 and Hickory Run to ourselves.
Had snow showers and the winds are picking up but only deer I crossed paths with was a spike that was nice sized body but horns you couldn't see with the naked eye at 40 yards.

Have 2 1/2 days left.
With doe closed till Saturday I think a lot of hunters didn't even bother going out this first week.
Yesterday it rained hard most of the day then when it slowed down the pea soup fog rolled in to where we called it a day around 3:30.
Hunted Hickory Run 3D all week, seen 6 hunters and 1 deer. Shots came from the section of park off of Rt 903.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got home from work at 415, changed, sprayed down and out in a brush pile blind by 430, overlooking a field edge.

Saw 2 yearlings, and 1 doe at full speed coming out of the woods. Considering the wind I was pretty pleased.

Be out tomorrow early w no wind!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts