The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting this one out, slept in, cooked a big breakfast, and listening to it pour down the rain. May make it out for an evening hunt.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Went the same route this morning. It was pouring. Did it all day yesterday. Spent some time at the local laundrymat drying gear. Two complete sets. The warm temps meant that you either got soaked by rain - or sweated.

The neighbors in the cabins up the road seem to have had the same idea.

I am in 2C - bear is back in concurrent with deer, so walking is in the cards. Still near 50 degree's.

Be nice to have regular November / December temp's! Crazy part, they are calling for a huge temp drop this afternoon and maybe snow tonight.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
a local hunting club has a traditional breakfast all u can eat for 6.00. I got up attended it and came back listening to that rain beat off of my tin roof called me back to bed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm in my stand and haven't seen a thing... pouring down rain, luckily I have a roof over mine or I wouldn't be out in this crap.

·
Registered
20,908 Posts
If I was serious about killing a deer,I'd be out today without a doubt.I wouldn't be sitting in a stand though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Back to work for me today, so between that and the rain, I stayed in. Full belly of eggs and mashed potato cakes. Back after them in the mornings until the end of the season, and both saturdays (unless I get one).

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Was out this morning till the rain chased me in.I saw a real big buck but he as on the property next to mine.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I drove back from Wheeling to Pittsburgh traveling along I-70 and I-79 around noon. The steady rain had ended and a very light mist was coming down. I counted 22 deer, and 2 bucks up and feeding alongside the roads, all in PA in that drive back to my office.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Back to work for me today. I will be heading north to camp in 2F on Friday morning. Hoping to get out Friday afternoon and staying until tuesday.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mark Ramela said:
I drove back from Wheeling to Pittsburgh traveling along I-70 and I-79 around noon. The steady rain had ended and a very light mist was coming down. I counted 22 deer, and 2 bucks up and feeding alongside the roads, all in PA in that drive back to my office.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
outofstater said:
a local hunting club has a traditional breakfast all u can eat for 6.00. I got up attended it and came back listening to that rain beat off of my tin roof called me back to bed.
which club is that?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Back to work today too. Tearing it up Friday from there on out if needed.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Mark Ramela said:
Well sure, the deer don't mind the rain.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I killed one at 5 tonight, not quite as big as I thought but it was a decent one. 7 point about 14" wide.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts