The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heading out this evening???? i plan on getting out hopefully, this morning looked like great weather for hunting sure the deer were moving around..... also if anyone has a 4c doe tag and is intrested i am trying to set up a few small drives on wendsday could use a few extra guys if your intrested pm me

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I'm going out this afternoon and will stay until dark. Have an electrician coming to the house this morning. Need to wait until he leaves before I can go out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just got back in from the morning hunt, saw 3 doe, a 5pt and a 7 pt..7pt made me anxious for the rut with the way he was acting, smelling and moving along briskly after the does..heay frost this morning made for a nice hunt, also the leaves were coming down like crazy with no wind,so a stiff breeze will send the majority of them down. Gettin closer and closer every day to being primetime.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its getting close but not there yet.... went spotting last night ton of deer in the fields after the storm, any way still a few big bucks hanging out together so there is some time yet, did see some smaller bucks getting ramming and chasing a little... but again the bruisers are still together... cant wait for the rut but for now ill take the smoke pole and bow for a walk and see what happens lol

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I hunted a couple hours this morning; the only deer I saw was a small 5-point that must have really liked my cover scent. He hung around for about 5 minutes, standing about 15yds away and bobbing his head. Fun to watch, but not what I was looking for today.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was out in 4c and just got back from the morning hunt. I had 2 deer about 100 yards out, I couldn't get a good shot.
I'm going to take a nap and head back in for the afternnon hunt.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hunted 4c saw one doe at 6:55 bang dead 2 minuts later had a lil doe at 3 yes 3yds tried to smack her with the end of the barrel but she caught me in my wind up.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
saw 3 does and a scrubby buck. property i was on the owner doesnt allow inlines or x bows so i had the flinter. if i would have had the inline i would have tried a shot

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Saw one small doe, but didn't get a shot and a nice 8pt. Oh and there were the 2 dozen or so squirrels, and a grouse.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Took my little hunter out tonight and sat in my ameristep blind. We saw tons of squirrels, and chipmunks. We could hear deer walking on the bench above that we couldn't see. Enjoyable evening. He has Tiger Scouts tomorrow so we will be back out Wed.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Finally got out about 3:30(electrician took longer than expected). I stayed until dark. Saw at least two dozen squirrels, and had a fox waltz by(that was neat). No deer until I was walking back to my truck, upon which I had a doe and what looked like its offspring go bounding off toward the treeline. They were at least 100 yards away so there was not much I could do but wave goodbye to them. All in all, a nice time though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw 1 doe at 40 yards. I was using my new TC Triumph. She only went ten yards after the shot. My first deer with a muzzleloader.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts