The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Small bear on the first drive. Starting the 2nd drive in 3D. We plan on going til the rain starts.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Could only hunt until 9 on a local SGL. Found fresh scat and bear prints in my boot prints from yesterday. I guess the Sunday hunting thing is not for everybody. I had the whole SGL to myself. Not 1 vehicle in the parking lot or anywhere else on my way home which is surprising.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
No cars in any of the parking lots on the way to or from church. Did pass a convoy of trucks that were filled with FO...assuming a gang putting on drives.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Cool and damp in 3B but no rain yet. In & out all day but I have not heard any shooting.

Reactions: NorthernPotterCo

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Real quiet up in game land in Clearfield today. Not much traffic yesterday, but way less today. Kinda surprised there weren’t any hunters out and about anywhere today.
Foggy on the mountain early.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I was out checking a deer spot for Saturday this afternoon and the sgl I was at was fairly busy. Couple lone trucks and one big drive going through a hollow.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I had a feeling these Sunday’s were gonna be slow as far as hunter #s go.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Just got a message from one of the fellas I hunted with yesterday.... not much backstory, but they got one out of one of their drives today. Now I really wish I'd have stayed up for the whole weekend!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
After pounding ground all day huhting birds the last 2 days I was whooped so I slept in and just drive up to see my buddies as they were coming out from hunting a 1/2 day in Pike County. On the way back down 209 near the Bushkill access I had a solid 350lb bear cross in front of me. I called them and didn't realize they were about 5 cars behind me, they saw it too. They hadn't seen a bear in yesterday or today until that one crossed the road. I didn't even need to go hunting to see as many as they did, LOL. Normally they take at least 1 in their spot every year though.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I hung out with the kids, got my gear ready for the next campaign, and cooked dinner. I have next to no desire to hunt bears but woulda loved for grouse to be in today and maybe coulda got a bruin moving for someone.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The wife and I were riding around the public lands in 2G and 2H both Saturday and Sunday, not hunting, but checking out houses with a realtor. Saturday was a pumpkin patch in a lot of areas, Sunday not so much.

Hope everyone had a great time hunting bear! I bought a tag, (again), just in case, so it made me a bit jealous. Once I find the house we want up there I'll be with y'all!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Nothing yesterday
Hear of anyone else having any luck in our area ? I haven’t seen any bear sign since last year and I have been all over the mountain. Hunted a ton during spring turkey , started scouting for deer in August and put a ton of miles on in archery. For whatever reason it seems like I am seeing less and less bear sign every year.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I could only do 2 drives. Saw a dozen doe and a buck. Others saw similar. After I left they did more drives and kicked out 3 coyotes but 9 shots all missed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts