The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I'm allowed back in the house. I finally brought home some meat on the last day of rifle deer season.

The best eating kind also, young and tender.

Taken at 100 yards with it connecting between the eye and the ear. No meat wasted. Practice from the bench really paid off.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice!!

Was out early with a friend saw 6 does running inot thick stuff. 60* temps not fun!

Getting ready for late archery /flintlock and some snow!!!

Bring on the 30* hunts!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Called it until late season around 1:30. Not a bad rifle season, I shot a doe and my son got a 5 point. First time I've ever stopped hunting until the very end if I had a tag left. It somehow just feels wrong. Oh well, I have a very long honey do list that is getting started.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Went out today with hopes I'd fill my buck tag, in my stand well before day light. Didn't see any deer till about 9:45 and couldn't get a shot at any of them... seen a small 4 point around 10:30. Around 12:30 I could here a deer running in my direction, it was a nice doe but had another behind her. The doe came with in 30 yrds of my stand and moving pretty quick, the second one finally showed itself but it was moving pretty quick too.. at that time I seen horns and knew he was a good buck.. they never stopped moving and i didn't think he was gonna give me a shot... well the doe finally slowed down and came through a big opening, the buck slowed alittle and came through the same opening.. I calmed my nerves and took a deep breath and as he stepped out I let the .270 sound off. He dropped in his tracks..!
I'm super pumped to have success on the last day.
I have more pics but this is right as I walked up to him. Don't worry fellas he was tagged..!
URL=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/bswope33/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151212_130437_zpsy25p9xh1.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Warm day...but we connected to 2 big does on small drives. My neighbor in his mid 40's got his first deer today,his doe had live weight just over 180 lbs! Saw a massive buck in last drive but I had already filled my buck tag from opening day.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Always special to connect on the last day...Congrats....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
After seeing 1 deer in 8 days of hunting Hickory Run SP, this morning I spotted a lone deer approaching, about 80 yds out. Now I'm getting excited and as I go to put the scope on it, I'm busted by 3 does that came unseen from the opposite direction, putting all four into flight. What are the odds of this happening?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Had three doe stop about 20 yards from me while hunting SGL 39 in Venango Co. With the warm temps and no snow, I decided to wait for the flintlock season to fill my tag. Doc in Pa.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
My brother shot a 7 point this morning and we tracked it for 8-900 yrds before it went down into the swamp. Felt really bad because we had great blood but we just couldn't go any further.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts