The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck for those venturing out, 22* here with light winds.

Stay safe and WARM!

Last day can always be the best day.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Torn where to head to, but I'll be out. Wind chill is showing ~ 10-13, so it will be a short sit for first light and then still hunting from there

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Time for last day heroics....Godspeed fellas!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Little shooting in 4E after the first hour. Cold and a coating of snow so good conditions.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Alarm went off at 4:00 and my body said, no way am I getting out of bed to go tromping around in that snow after yesterdays experience.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Slept in. Got up at 3:30 and was all geared up to go, but I just couldn't tear myself from my nice warm bed. Had planned to head up to 4C, but decided just to go to a local area I hunted back during squirrel season this afternoon, and will stay till dark.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Little bit of shooting in 1A just outside cochranton. Took hair off one headed dead away from me. Saw 3 more and a 3 pt just over the property line. In warming up and eating and then headed to a DMAP property to try and fill that tag.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Only saw 2 doe. Would have been an easy shot on the bigger one but she was skylined on a slight rise at about 100 yards. I know for a fact that the old railroad bed is around 500 yards long...dead straight with that slight rise in it. Since I couldn't see what was on the other side, I had no shot.

After they crossed, I ran up there and saw one of my cousins about 200 yards on the other side of the rise. He saw them but didn't shoot for the same reason.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Out on SGL 217 for 6 hours. Saw 5 does running for their lives and another non-legal buck. Pretty sure I heard a semi going off. Nobody can fire 8 rounds that fast.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Hunted a game lands in 3D.......nothing. Very hard to walk due to the crunchy snow. Had to try and stay on paths, etc.

Interesting situation. According to the PGC web site, a particular road is only open for travel for about 1 mile up to a parking lot. Saw two vehicles parked about another mile in on a power line through the game lands. Either the PGC info is wrong, or they've decided to let the hunters drive all the way in as far as they can. I've seen the tire tracks back there, but I still go by what the web site says and park at the designated parking location.

Oh well, heard no shots from those guys and they did not push out any deer.

Time to recuperate until flintlock season.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts