The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe no one else has started this thread. I search for a few minutes before i started to make sure i didnt miss it. It's like a cool archery morning out here. You can just tell it's going to warm up. A spike and an doe and 3 turkeys so far.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There were 6 deer already in the cut cornfield\soybean field on 22 before the Sheetz in New Alexandria this morning. That was at 7:30, last night there had to be close to 30 in there right before dark. Its all posted and I believe it is being leased for hunting. There is a white truck there hunting. He has been there last night and this morning. Seems like some of the deer are back on their regular feeding patterns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Heading out today after lunch. This will be it for me as I have projects to take care of around the house that I can't put off any longer.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Sat on some private ground this am until 9 or so. Working on packing a lunch then it's boots on the ground on SGL 69 until dark

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
I hunted public land yesterday and saw 8 does. Plan on hunting some thick briars tonight and then leaving my climber and hunt all day Saturday in that same spot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hunted Tues, Wed, and Thurs on private land...didn't see a tail. Kicked out two yesterday morning walking in. Hunted this morning on public land near my private spot and again...not a tail.

Four days and nothing. My eyes are starting to play tricks on me. I see a leaf move and I think it's a tail! UGH

·
Registered
773 Posts
My son got a nice five point first thing this morning before school. He hunted all Archery and three days of gun season. I am glad his hard work paid off. He is 12 so we had a lot of celebrating to do. His Pop Pop came over for the recovery as well good shot but poor blood trail.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Hunted from 7a-12pm. Saw nothing. Did see a couple of other hunters in the woods. One said he talked to another hunter who saw three tails.

Will be out tomorrow for the final push until muzzleloader season.

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
Pointing Lab said:
My son got a nice five point first thing this morning before school. He hunted all Archery and three days of gun season. I am glad his hard work paid off. He is 12 so we had a lot of celebrating to do. His Pop Pop came over for the recovery as well good shot but poor blood trail.
Congrats !!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Still hunted a ways back in and cracked a doe at 15 yds when she ran back towards me. Went to get everything out to start the process and realized I forgot my drag rope. I was 1.5 mi from my car and the drag rope and 1 mi from the nearest road. Long story short my dad brought a rope for me. This will be one to remember for sure!

Gonna try to get it cut up tomorrow am and head to 1A for the afternoon to try to fill my doe tag there.

·
Registered
20,911 Posts
Pointing Lab said:
That's an awesome way to end the season.

·
Super Moderator
27,528 Posts
Pointing Lab said:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
We just got in. Hunted SGL today and saw some deer. My son hit one around 10 this morning. We found some hair and one speck of blood. Constant shooting all day and plenty of hunters out. There were 9 trucks in one parking lot and 7 in the other. We saw a total of 5 deer. Not great but not bad. We burned a lot of boot rubber. Tons of sign close to the parking areas. Everyone is going way back in and the deer are adapting and sitting tight right behind their trucks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Shot a doe right at last light. Left work early and saw her in a field on the way to my truck. Always leave the stand early enough to check the field out-paid off tonight.

Will

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Got a doe today I'm done

1 - 20 of 20 Posts