The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone headed out? There's 6" on the ground here with more falling as we speak. I'm taking a quick nap before what I think will be a still hunting type afternoon on a DMAP property. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Probably going to Merced or venango to hunt in the snow. Already got a buck so probably just try to take a walk in the snow to scout for flintlock. Not liking the 11 feel like temp though, lol!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
hunted 4c Lebanon co. this a.m. on public land.Saw one jump the road and a fresh road kill still laying in one lane near area I hunt.Also, when walking in at 5:20a.m. saw a big deers eyes glowing not 20yds from me in the brush near my spot.Could not make it out till it ran.Heard one deer running early and two turkey.No deer seen from stand.Windy and cold.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Still hunted gamelands in 5A today from 7:30-Noon and counted 1 other vehicle. Saw 2 doe out in front of me in the thick stuff but I couldn't get a clear shot. Walked a mile or so in total. Really went into the "no mans land" of endless briars, multiflora rose, cedars, and frozen water in the swamp. Saw lots of interesting spots for flintlock and next archery season. Oh well, not sure if we'll be back out this evening, but we'll be out all day tomorrow.

Reactions: pahoytman

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Drove from the north end of Michaux to the south end this morning on way to client site. Saw more vehicles out than I thought I would. Also saw a few deer standing in a grass parking area right off the road, lol.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Made meat while stillhunting in 5C around 11 am....nice medium size doe, shot in her bed!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Killed a large doe at 7:20 this morning. Someone finally on the neighbors 160 acre property that hadn't seen much pressure all season. Saw more deer by the time I got my deer back to the house than I had all rifle season combined.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Was out for a doe today. Walked into the woods at 325. I had my doe by 335. Doesn't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Took my grandson out this morning,had 4 doe walk by at 40 yards but he couldn't get a shot off..he's only 9. I think I was more upset than him! We're going to give it one last try tomorrow...:D

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Saw three does around 4:00 just out of range. Cold windy evening in the stand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts