The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Nice, crisp morning here. No snow on the ground so I imagine things will be pretty crunchy. Work for me all day here. Good luck to everyone headed out!

·
Super Moderator
5,201 Posts
Took a long walk in Sproul SF this morning. Chilly 19F. One would be hard pressed to still hunt with the crunchy frozen leaves. Saw 1 hunter in the woods. One small fawn and one tail at a distance. Gonna pack up and turn the truck into the wind on I-80 and head home. Taking Mrs Brownie hunting tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm gearing up for tomorrow. Going to be a cold one for sure. I have very high hopes for tomorrow morning. Long steep hike ahead of me to get to the bench I want to sit on. Good thing it's going to be so cold, otherwise I would never make it up there without sweating to death. Normally I would wear thin leggings and a thin top for the hike but its going to be too cold for that.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm gearing up for tomorrow. Going to be a cold one for sure. I have very high hopes for tomorrow morning. Long steep hike ahead of me to get to the bench I want to sit on. Good thing it's going to be so cold, otherwise I would never make it up there without sweating to death. Normally I would wear thin leggings and a thin top for the hike but its going to be too cold for that.
Don’t underestimate how much body heat you give off hiking up the side of a mountain! Easy to put clothes on During your hike, not so easy getting dry and staying warm if you get all sweated up. I’ve made that mistake all too many times.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I have hunted hard since the first day of rifle and put on another 6 miles today and the only thing i have seen was 4 yearlings on Tuesday last week, 4 yearlings yesterday and 1 yearling today. Talk about frustration.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts