The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out shortly, hoping to stick it out all day if I can keep my sanity. Good luck to everyone heading out, be safe out there!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Good luck! I'm working on changing a flat tire before I can get out.... What a way to start the day!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Game over for me... couldn't get tire off the rotor. tried everything from penetrant, smacking the back of it with a hammer, putting a board against the back of it and hitting with a sledge hammer, you name it... Ended up putting lug nuts back on and filling tire back up with an air compressor, and limping my way to mechanic. Unfortunately they won't be able to get to it until monday... Game over

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
salt over 30 dear including close to a dozen buck. wish I still had a buck tag has some word nice. smoked this instead.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Nice doe TPlank. I scored on one yesterday myself.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nice Todd! Tonight will be my last out---my son turns 12 and next weekend is party time for him.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i got out today and seen 5 deer then here come the gas well guys runing cords though the woods after a talkin with the guys i informed that they arent allowed on my property friday and sat. during hunting season i have that in my contract with them

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Congratulations Todd! It is good to see you back out in the woods.
And, congratulations bushmaster!
Seeing your Hatfield brings back memories of my flinching days of trying to shoot a Hatfield left-handed.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
TPlank said:
salt over 30 dear including close to a dozen buck. wish I still had a buck tag has some word nice. smoked this instead.
cow of a doe Todd! Giving that longrifle a workout this year!

·
6,466 Posts
the group got 2 today makes 7 in 4 days of hunting.....we should have tagged out today but the infamous clicks came to haunt me!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Good going Todd.

See my post on Day 9 - got doe.

Camped over and was out around 7:30 in the same 12 inches of snow. Saw one about 60 yards bedded. Got over to a tree to rest on and knelled to get the angle.

Busted!

Dow busted out and looked like a pin ball going out through the woods. Running but not absolutely sure why. Or so it seemed.

That caused number 2 to stand. Behind some brush so not an auto shot. That one took off in the opposite direction because the first one ran.

Meanwhile, another had stood a bit away from those two. Again behind a tree. One step.... I was ready - primed and cocked. Three minutes she stood there. Then - just took off sort of following the others. She had no idea I was there... kept milling around behind that tree looking. I never moved.

All I saw today.

Snow was brutal to hunt in. Yesterday's high winds complicated things.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Smoked a big doe with the Firestorm today. Walked all afternoon trying to push for two other guys with no success. I stood the last hour of light and had 6 doe come right in on me. Made all the walking worth while!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Buddy shot a doe and i shot my first buck with a flinter off the same drive moments apart...others had some clicks and misses...great day!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Something I've always wanted to do, hasn't happen yet. Jumped one yesterday, no shot and my tracking skills or lack of, left me down.
Nice buck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts