The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured lets get the ball rolling here. good luck to all that venture out into the wilds of pa for this special season made just for us smokepolers! can't wait to hear the storys. what did you see,what did you get, more importantly how good does it feel to have that trusty front stuffer back in the woods. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Heading out in a bit. I could not fall asleep, then I began to fear that if I did fall asleep I wouldn't wake up so I stayed up. I am sure this has happened to many on here. The rain is going to be a killer on the smokepole though. I kind of wish I had an inline today! Good luck all....

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
Everybody be safe and bring home some "smoked" venison!

·
Banned
900 Posts
Had the Inline all oiled up and ready. Just as I was leaving the "man cave/gun room" I heard it :eek:. A faint wimper but still recognizable. She begged me not to leave her behind
. She pleaded to come along. I told her there was only room for 1. She reminded me of how well she treats me and what she can do if we both work together even on a rainy day like today.....

The Inline is back in the cabinet and she's oiled up and and ready for come along for a breakfast of panpowder and venison!!

Good Luck fellas and be safe

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Raining here so I'll just wait for Monday to lite the smoke pole up

·
Registered
151 Posts
i will take the eight hour drive on monday from virginia. so my season will start the next day. good luck to you all and stay safe.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Not out today but headin to camp Tues morning to hunt till last day.

Best of luck all!!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I used my flintlock hunting weather forecasting instrument a little before daylight. I stuck my arm out the patio door and it came back in really wet. I went back to bed.

Travel day tomorrow, then Tioga State Forest on Mon., Tues., and Wed.

Good luck to all and be safe. Use your safety harness if you're still a tree climber.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
BerksCoflinter said:
I used my flintlock hunting weather forecasting instrument a little before daylight. I stuck my arm out the patio door and it came back in really wet. I went back to bed.
Sounds like a reliable method there Berks!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Heading to Potter Wed Evening. A combo hunt. The boy will be trying for his first deer with a rifle, I will have my flint and bow and on Saturday I have a bobcat tag if all goes well in the earlier days.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Sat in the stand for as long as I could take the pouring rain! It wasn't a long time either.LOL No deer, no squirrels just a bunch of geese. Heading to Potter Wednesday morning thru Sunday. Can't wait.

Will probably jump in a stand Monday afternoon here in Bucks County.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Rained till about 730 then just cool and wet. At 830 all [censored] broke loose and a fox started yapping at me and 2 doe ran out in front of me at 50 yds. Just as I scoped the biggest one and pulled the hammer back on my Encore, She jumped and ran to the right back into the thicket, the smaller one went left and was gone. 15 minutes later the smaller one came in to my left and stopped at 10 FEET and new something was up, We stared at each other for what felt like an hour then ran 40 yards and stopped when I barked at her. Boom Flop end of story.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I smoked one this morning, there are lots of deer moving. I seen some good scrapes. the cold weather really has them going but mostly younger bucks. I had two does come in roughly 40 yards put the cross hairs on her and the savage did the rest.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts