The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good luck to you and everyone else heading out. I'll be up by 4:30 and settled in my stand by 6. Most of all, be safe!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
In the bed up at 430, heading in around 545-600

O God, thank you for your creation,

for the land that sustains us,

the game that feeds us,

and the hunt that blesses us.

Grant us wisdom to be safe.

Grant us the patience for a clean shot,

so that we might be good stewards of every life you give.

Amen.

Good luck to all on the opener

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Amen RTH. Well here we go, I got about 3 1/2 hours sleep and then i woke up at 1:30. Been dosing off and on since unable to really fall back asleep. Its like its Christmas, lol. I think i'll just get up now because i know i won't get to sleep. Now i just need some coffee. Who else didn't get much sleep?

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
Two Down

Two down already (black coffee's) and out the door at 5AM for a long 4 mile drive, lol. Good luck & stay safe. FT :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cooking breakfast now, waking my son in 15, friend en route we'll all be up in the woods by 5:30!

Good luck, wear a harness, and shoot safe!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Heading out with my two son's here in 2A. 30 degrees and frost here with a SE wind. Got some stands up that will work with the south winds expected the next couple days and hope the deer are moving. Good Luck to all heading out.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Ready to go, but not very optimistic. There are two huge road-kill bucks within a half mile of my stand. Hope there's at least one more that walks by me.

Good luck to all, and stay safe.

Steve.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Got out at 6:45 seen 1 kitty cat so far. Heard about 20 shots way off in the distance.
Don't seem like anyone moving haven't seen any other hunters.

·
20,126 Posts
I should have stayed in bed lol. I've got 4 guys within 150 yards of me. At this point I'm pretty much just hanging out and listening for gun shots to gauge how Archery season will be next year. Im not gonna see squat. Good luck to everyone else though.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Got lucky with a nice eight point at 6:55. Just sitting here enjoying the moment and the beautiful morning.

Took an hour and fifteen minutes to walk up the mountain this morning but all worth it.

Good Luck to everyone out there.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
UGH bad luck again. Last 3 weeks of archery were a total bust. Only chance I had was a small 8 point who snuck up behind me and busted me. So this morning only thing I saw was the the same buck lol. He came along the top of the ridge where my backdrop was houses and rt.100 and he busted me before he got in a good shooting position. As far as shooting , almost nothing. One shot near daybreak about 1/2 mile south, and a volley around daybreak north of me in 4C. Always amazed me how little shooting there is around here in gun season and there are deer everywhere. Oh well back at the house, I'm in thick cover and the sun makes it impossible to see, I need a brimmed hat. Came back up to get one and the wife is making me some eggs. Wanna get back down around 9:30 since 90% of the daytime activity I see on my cameras is midday here. Good luck to everyone and be SAFE.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Lots of reports of not much shooting being heard. How things have changed.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I tagged out in archery, so I have my nephew in my tree stand. He hasn't seen anything and I heard a 3 shot volley up the road and one other shot, dead quiet out there

·
Registered
804 Posts
Shot a 8pt at 8:00 in 5A. Alot of shooting earlier but pretty quiet now. Waiting to see if a doe shows up before it gets to warm. Then Im headed to the butcher

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I tagged out in archery but still had to be in the woods for the first day. Took a walk on a 4a gamelands. Just off the trail and sat down. Lots of shooting going on in the distance. Hoping my dad and nephew score today.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts