The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta work today first opener I missed in many many years good luck and make some smoke!!!

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Me too.The MIL went into the hospital yesterday and it has made a major change of plans.I might be able to slip out later but not counting on it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Was out in the woods by 7am. As with the regular gun season, I saw nothing.

Saw lots of sign, tracks, feeding areas, beds, etc. No other hunters in the area. Hopefully Saturday will result in a better turn out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
got out this morning frist 3 deer i saw were bucks then seen about 16 does nothing close the ice started around 8am and by 9am snow at 1030am already 2and ahalf inches so went home 2;30pm 6in on the ground and still snowing

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It is snowing up here in Potter today. I will get out tomorrow after the storm. It is supposed to quit around 2 PM tomorrow so the deer should be out feeding after the snow.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Loads of tracks in the day old snow. Good many fresh tracks from this morning. Fresh 4" of snow to cover all old sign. We seen 6 baldies. Able to stack one.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Congrats Wadman
Went out today and had one guy miss a doe another guy miss a yote. Lots of tracks but the only deer I saw were standing next to a pick up on the side of the road while the driver was in the woods looking for them. back at it Monday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Had to work today. This morning before the snow started would have been a great time to be out. Storm has put about 6 inches down so far and it hasn't let up yet.

I'll be out maybe Thurs/Fri after work, then Sat and Mon.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Congrats Wadman your are first this year.
I was able to get out at 3:30.Seen a flock of turkeys and right before quittin time seen 2 large deer about 200 yds away walkin a tree line.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Got out from about 0830 to 1pm, saw four does and later put out one buck out of its bed during the snow storm.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Got out of work early due to the snow storm, after my 1 hour trip taking me 2.5 hours to get home I wasn't feeling the trip out into the sticks to take the flinter for a walk.

Saturday should be awesome hunting in this fresh snow

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Saw some deer today but ended up breaking my transmission so the day was scrapped!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Congrats to you Wadman!! Hey wait a minute...are you sure that's not one of Santa's? I can see a harness on that deer!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts