The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we didn't get to connect on a deer, but we definitely got to connect!!

Last night I got to take my oldest daughter out to a spot I put a ground blind in an area that I know deer move through, unfortunately, the five we saw were moving through way too quick. I think someone must have bumped these deer heading to their spot cause they seemed a little spoked as they hurried past us no more than 10 yards outside the blind.

Here is our little hunting spot...

Here we took turns giving a good HillBilly smile...

She had almost as great a time as I did. It wasn't more than five minutes after the deer went by that she looked at me and asked "When are we going to go hunting again?" That was when I knew that she was already hooked. What a great afternoon!!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Love it - I just love it.

Lets keep these kind of threads coming!!!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
LOL my phone is flooded with Pictures like this. Every time I take my kids hunting they say two things,,, one that I am the greatest dad ever and they always thank me regardless if we see something. This is why Daddy is not taking a shot until my little guy gets a deer. Good luck to you are your daughter.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Well you certainly made this hillbilly smile... God Bless and keep connecting.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
No better place to make memories than in the great outdoors. Congrats to you both on realizing this

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Was she the one actually doing the shooting, or was she just tagging along? It really doesn't matter as long as you were in the woods together. I just sat on stand the other night for the first time with my 4 year old. He loved it and lasted well over an hour in cool temperatures and fading light. After we got down from the stand, we took a quick walk and I was able to connect on a doe. We enjoyed a great high five after that!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Just goes to show its not about killing but about the time spent in the woods!

Great Job!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayjaysin said:
Was she the one actually doing the shooting, or was she just tagging along?
She was the shooter. I put this blind here because I got a bunch of pictures of several young buck that frequent this hollow. I'm sure she'll get some shooting sooner or later, but as was stated above, we are having fun just being out there. Thanks for all the comments!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Great thread. These are the moments that will last forever and she'll remember as well. Posts that show youth getting into the woods and enjoying the sport are always a good read

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Great pics thanks for sharing....my daughter is just a tad to young to join in on the hunts be she's a good camera checking buddy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great post and pictures. Those times are so important and will go a long way in having a great relationship with them as they grow.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That is terrific, best of luck to you both and thanks for the pics....

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Hope you and your daughter get to connect this year, and if not it appears ya'll will still have a blast. Good deal!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts