The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed the story.My wife started rifle hunting with me last season again after not hunting for over 15 years.I am really glad she is out there with me again.Our kids hunted with us,and I am glad they enjoy and understand the reasons we do hunt.Again, a great story.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Yep, great story, love to see the 180 degree change in attitude. My girlfriend hunts/fishes with me, from early april on the detroit river jigging for walleyes to the mountains out west hunting elk, she is by my side.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I love reading stories like this!

My dad n brothers were hunters but I was never invited. I didn't marry into a hunting family on my first marriage or my second so I had no one to show me the ropes. I remember going out and seeing nothing even if I saw trails n poop. Shooting my buck last year was so exciting and made every year (5 in all) worth coming home without punching my buck tag! I learned so much year after year n loved every second I spent watching the sun rise and set on me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Great story ! My young daughter could never understand why dad would sit in a field for hours waiting on woodchucks . Fast forward 5 years later when I finally decided to get her a Youth license and a 22 Mag rifle . We stalked the fields for an hour until SHE spotted a hog poking out from between 2 big roots of a large oak tree . With a 5 mph breeze and a 127 yds . , I instructed her to hold on his nose and the wind would put it where she wanted it to go . At the sound of the rifle shot , we knew she made the hit ! Perfect head hit ! High fives all around and pictures to show . Now , even in the dead of winter when we pass a large field , she'll always ask when we can go groundhog hunting again . I can't wait for the day she's big enough for her first deer rifle .

·
Registered
182 Posts
great story, i try to get my wife to come hunting with me but she still refuses. I figure the number of times that I come home empty handed she would feel confident that it is just a nice walk in the woods she won't actually have to see me shoot anything but still a no-go. I have also offered to send her with dad when we go bear hunting she can hike up with him and read a book during the drive or we can give her an easy spot to walk if she wants to drive with us but also a no go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts