The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oldest daughter finished up her finals at school, she asked if I would take her hunting. Jumped at the chance. Had 3 hammering at 0545. Closest was behind us. Heard him fly down and hit the ground prob 50 yds behind us. I could hear him drumming and assured her he was close. Then she whispered here he comes. We watched him strut into 36 yds, then I gave her the go ahead. No better time than spending it in the woods chasing gobblers with my kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could only guess, Jr and has killed 37 with several being in Missouri so they don't count. Daughters have killed somewhere in the ballpark of 18. And I could guess I have put at least 70 on there since building the house years ago. And have had several of my dad's and brother's that I witnessed gobble for the last time. Sooooo I would say 110-115..

And not all of mine were Pa birds, Ohio and NY were included.

·
Registered
19,667 Posts
Congrats to you both and being able to make family time in the woods. Looks like your guys are 2 weeks behind us down here, as far as leaf out is concerned.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Congrats FF!! Glad to see the ole rock again!

Dpms, I'd agree. I live in the general area and last week went down to fish the rivers....was a noticeable difference. Actually kinda weird...seems the understory is getting thicker than usual.. probably from the additional sunlight hitting the forest floor.

I'm out near Harrisburg for the week....boy...they are a month ahead of my house lol. Full foliage out here. First cut hay is on the ground for some farmers.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Nice bird congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
3,973 Posts
Awesome, congrats to both of you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts