The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt going to go because of the heavy rain...looks like the rains pulled off the coast.Im headed out now for a late morning hunt trying to fill that second tag...I just have this feeling Goodluck everybody and have a safe holiday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was out today since 500..till 100..worked sgl and state forest...nada!.light rain and nice temps made it feel good...compared to the heat we've had. Going back out later and tomorrow..if needed.

Good luck to anyone else burning the midnight oil!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Took a junior hunter out. Saw a Jake in the field so went to another spot to let him relax. Went to that spot later in the morning and as we were approaching the tree I wanted to sit at he took off running, 20yds away! An experienced hunter woulda possibly had him but when I looked back at her her eyes were as big as softballs! I asked if she saw him she said "no, I wondered why you jumped outta the way saying gobbler gobbler". I was mad at first that she didn't see him, not at her but myself, but was told later by her Dad that she had a blast so that made my morning!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Birds were shutdown this morning...guess they got pressured by the locals.I didn't get to fill my second tag but im not disappointed at all it was a great season and I did get to harvest a great double bearded 22lber on the second day..and its time to get the boat out on the water and do some fishing with the family,I thank the lord for giving me another year doing what,I love to do...amen...Rusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts