The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pair of Danner Boots that I purchased in 1999, those boots lasted me 7 years, I wore them out.

I just recently purchased a pair of Danner upland Boots and pair of Danner Elk Ridge. Both of these are Gore-Tex and Both of these boots leak. I also have a newer pair of Pronghorns and they leak.

Does anyone else have a quality issue with Danner. I used to think highly of them but three pair of boots that leak and the money you pay for them has me really disappointed .

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
I hear ya.....

My brand new pair of 400gr Danners leaked the first time, I wore them last week....There on there way back to Danner....Grrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Glad its not just me. I bought a pair of pronghorns last year that leaked the first time I put them on. I did buy a pair of USA made Danners that are recraftable so hopefully they'll last a little longer. I've been wearing them to work for the past 2 months and so far they've been good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have Danners that are 10+ yrs old & I had soles replaced...
There still running strong with no leaks....they were U S made btw...
I think all Danners but a few are made outside of U S & quality is suspect

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of mine but one pair are made in china. My old pair of Danner's was the best pair I have ever owned. The 3 pair I just recently bought IMO are garbage. Not sure what to purchase now. I have an old pair of setters that are great but Irish Setter is affiliated with Danner.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have a pair forget the model but they are made in the US and they rock got them three years ago to replace another pair that I had for ten plus yrs only use them for hunting the US made ones are more expensive but you get what u pay for

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
remy120777 said:
All of mine but one pair are made in china. My old pair of Danner's was the best pair I have ever owned. The 3 pair I just recently bought IMO are garbage. Not sure what to purchase now. I have an old pair of setters that are great but Irish Setter is affiliated with Danner.
I've never heard that Irish Setter is affiliated with Danner. Irish setter is owned by Red Wing.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just bought the 1200g Pronghorn before rifle. Made in China, but no leaks yet. I have two pair of Cabela's Outfitter's series that are 10+ years old and still kicking, but they're only 400g. They make higher gram, which will probably be my next heavy boot. Hopefully these Danners last awhile @ $190!

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
For USA boots, try Chippewa boots. They make both lines unfortunately, but their USA line are very-very well made.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered a pair of Danner pronghorns last year to replace my Rocky bearclaws(I will never buy another pair of Rocky boots)only to find out that they are not made here in the USA. I was very disapointed to say the least.

That said I have not experienced any issues with them as of yet. I do tend to find myself wearing my Muck's more than anything else and have nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Pronghorns are going on 7 years now and they are my favorite (reasonably priced) hunting boot. Not a leak and I usually recommend them to others. I've used $450 technical mountaneering boots to $60 Rocky's and the Pronghorn is by far my favorite from the bunch when it comes to comfort and waterproofing with the 600gr insulation (which I believe is no longer offered)...also I only use the Danner boot products on them. YMMV...

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
good ole boy said:
Redwings supposed to be the best.Really expensive but made in the USA with a warranty.
Red Wings are garbage..........I have tried them several times for work, and they are not very durable (durable is somewhat relative, I am hard on boots) The longest I got out of a pair was a year, wearing them all day every day....

I am now buying USA made Chippewa's and they are by far the best made boot that I have ever wore, durable, well made, no leaks......however they are a little salty......I have 3 years, all day every day on the pair that I have now.....

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have a pair of Danner acadia boots that are 8 years old and they are the best boots I have worn for work. 1 wear them about 180 days a year and have been resoled once at a local shoe cobbler.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Danners leak but they are about twelve years old. I have a pair of Chippewa Arctic 50 that are awesome, very warm, great for walking or sitting, and the square toe will make you go up the mountain like a deer.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I,ll never own Wolverines.I bought a pair and they tore real easily.Took em back to Dicks and they gave me another pair no questions asked.That pair did the same thing.The Wal-Mart brand Herman Survivors leak like a seive.I,ll never own them again either.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
remy120777 said:

Irish Setter is owned by Red Wing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts