·
Registered
13,869 Posts
DANDELION WINE

1/2 gallon of blooms
1 gallon of boiling water
3 lemons, sliced
3 lb. sugar

Pour boiling water over blooms. Add lemons and let set 3 days in warm place. Strain and boil for 15 minutes. Add sugar and stir. Let ferment. Strain, bottle and seal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PADingo. COuple of questions for you.
1) "Set in a warm place for 3 days".....can this be in a house....or does it have to be in the sun?
2) How much sugar are we talking?
3) How long do I let it ferment?

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Warm place can be in the house, garage, etc. 65-70 degrees.
3-3.5 lbs of sugar, (make sure sugar dissovles completely before fermenting) let ferment in warm place for 2-3 weeks, stir often. Strain again through cheese cloth and bottle. If you think this hasn't worked, let sit a few days longer before bottling.

I have not done it in a couple of years....and have experimented with adding a little orange blossom honey as well. along with the lemons you can add some orange zest.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
PADingo said:
DANDELION WINE

1/2 gallon of blooms
1 gallon of boiling water
3 lemons, sliced
3 lb. sugar

Pour boiling water over blooms. Add lemons and let set 3 days in warm place. Strain and boil for 15 minutes. Add sugar and stir. Let ferment. Strain, bottle and seal.
Easier way....

Delete 1/2 gallon of blooms, get a bottle of yellow food coloring, add that to the gallon of water, lemon and sugar...add half a 1 pound box of rasins...

Set it in a dark place like a basement and let it go for 3 months..

Just make you put a 1 way airlock on it so the gases can escape but no air can go back in!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
but...then...that uh...wouldn't be...DANDELION wine?

Nice Raisin (or rasin) wine recipe though

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Oh my! raisin jack headache

1 - 7 of 7 Posts