The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I almost got my dad his first bird. I called in three long beards for him. He got turkey fever and missed. Well he rolled him and after about 10 seconds the turkey ran off.

You guys think he will be OK? Sure hate to lose one like that. We walked around and saw no sign of him. Also do you guys think the birds will be back in the area after being shot at?

Awesome morning though, gobbling everywhere! All I had was my camera hoping to video my Dads first bird. Instead I got his miss.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Ya never know. I rolled one twice last year. Blew the crap out of a log just in fromt of him. The bird flew off. I never heard him in that area again. But, the hens continued to roost in the area.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I have shot birds that had been shot before. I have also watched birds that had been shot, take off flying, land in a tree branch, hang on there for a bit and then simply fall out of the tree dead.

As es said, you never know. Hopefully the bird will be just fine.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I hit one several years ago on a field edge. No excuses, I made a very poor shot due to being twisted sideways due to the way the bird came in...lesson learned. Killed that same bird 3 days later in the same field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts