The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time that I have ever got my buck before the kids. They have been involved heavily with sports and haven't been able to hunt much. This 11 point we have had on trail camera alot this summer.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a whole lot to this story. I have been seeing a fair amount of deer activity at 2 of our setups and the other setups have been pretty dead. I decided to try this stand which we put up 2 years ago, but I have never hunted just to give the other spots a break. This stand was setup in more of a funnel area for hunting during the rut. From this stand though I can see a fair amount of ground and was hoping to see where the deer were going after they passed by one of the setups where I have been seeing deer but they have been a little out of range. Anyway earlier in the evening I had a couple of small bucks and a button buck. As it was getting towards dark I saw another deer coming. I knew it had a good bit of rack and when I looked thru the binocs, I saw it had 3 points on the one side. Since it was coming my way I never looked at the rack again and was preparing for the shot. He came right in at 20 yards broadside. I hit the far shoulder so the arrow was stuck in him and I knew the shot was good. With the arrow being stuck in him there wasn't much blood, but we did find him after a little bit of a difficult track. I was surprised when we got up to him that it was the 11 point that we have been seeing all summer.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
What can I say. You deserved that one. Ya put a alot of time in hunting with the kids over the years, building stands, prepping plots, checking cameras. To get one of the bucks you were hoping someone would put their tag on is icing on the cake. Congrats on the super buck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts