The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a nikon d3000 with a 18-55 mm lens and a 55-200 lens for $650 brand new after taxes. was wondering if its a good first camera easy to use? and is the price good?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I got the same one and its an easy camera to use,I paid $649,last week,for the same set up at best buy.Takes good picture,I have a few photos on this form.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You will be happy with that set up
,battery life is good for me on mine.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
you will be happy. Although battery life is good, Get an extra battery. It has saved me more than once.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yeah it a good camera or a good starter camera it all in how much you really get into it as being a starter camera. I started off with the D40x and it was a great camera till I wanted more control.

With the lens your getting with not so good for wildlife as their a little short and I don't think the teleconverters will work with those lens. If your looking for a wildlife lens I would get the 70-300mm VR lens or something bigger the 70-300mm VR lens is even pushing it as using for a wildlife lens but will work.

All Nikon DSLR's are good. But the glass is what take your pictures. So when ever your ready to buy new lenses save your money and buy the best glass you can because it makes a big difference.

Join a all Nikon forum is a good way to help you learn. I'll send you a PM to the one I use. I would not be where I'm at today without that place.

Anybody else that would like some info on that Nikon forum I use PM me and I'll send you a link. I don't want to spam everybody on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts