The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
I never shot one until this year. I set my kisser and peep height as normal and then shortened the barrel on my release so I could keep my same anchor point with my thumb resting on the back of my neck. You aren't actually changing the draw of the bow itself.

Registered
spur u said you SHOULD increase your draw length and thats your opinion but if you shoot a DL thats too long your not going to be as accurate as you would be shooting a DL thats a little to short but its up to the shooter

Registered
A Loop does absolutely nothing to your drawlength, all it does is move your ANCHOR POINT or where your hand is at full draw. After shooting off the string for all 6 years I been bowhunting, I went to a string loop about a month ago and the only regret I had was not doing so sooner. The string loops are amazing and really helped to make me more accurate. The reduction of string torque was enought for me. I love it! Again, it doesnt do anything to the Drawlength, just your anchor point. If you have a 29" draw before the loop, you will still have a 29" draw after the loop is on, just your hand will be 1/2" further back. (If you have a release that your can adjust to be shorter, then you can compensate for that 1/2" difference. Thats what I did with my scotts moongoose.) Get yourself a loop, there 100% worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.