The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 452 trainer, and a 452 silhouette. Both are really good shooters and kill squirrels equally well. Neither of them has ever let me down.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have a CZ 527 American in 222 Remington. Had it bedded and I adjusted the trigger to a nice pull without the set trigger engaged. Made right (blued steel and walnut), accurate, handy, and a classic cartridge. A great little rifle. Am well pleased with it.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have the 527 in 204 Ruger and it has become one of my all time favorites. Very accurate and I love the set trigger. I also have the 550 Safari in 458 Lott - haven't shot it nearly as much but a good solid rifle for dangerous game.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have owned two. Both were the "American" models.

One was a 22 LR and one was a 204 Ruger with the set trigger.

Both were left handed.

Both triggers were pretty bad, lots of creep. I was especially disappointed in the set trigger on the 204.

Decent walnut stocks on both rifles.

Fitting of wood to metal was fair.

Metal work was sloppy. Lots of machining marks. And both actions were fairly rough. The bolt on the 204 was down right difficult to close. You had to really put the force to it to get the bolt to close.

Both actions felt gritty.

Both rifles shot fairly well for being a lighter rifle. The 204 would shoot 3 shot groups under 2" at 300 yards. It wasn't a heavy barrel so I did not expect it to shoot 5 shot groups. The 22 would shoot a 3/4" group at 50 yards. Sometimes a bit tighter.

I sold both rifles. I was just not satisfied with them.

When you could buy them cheap a few years ago they were a decent deal. But in the last two years their prices have went through the roof. And IMO are no longer worth the current prices. Better pieces out there for the same money. Even in LH. And made in USA. Tom.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a 452 american for me and 452 scout for my wife. Happy with both. I considered getting a fullstock in 6.5x55 but just purchased a less expensive Howa 1500 instead.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
I own & am a very happy owner of the following CZ's:

(1) CZ 452 American 22LR
(2) CZ 97B 45ACP
(3) CZ 550FS 6.5X55 Swede

CZ makes a top shelf firearm...second to none for the price IMO.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a 452 in 17hrm, awesome gun, at 50 yards the holes touch. I fell for a full stock 22 Hornet at a gun show yesterday but we could not get together on a trade. I had a 9mm semi-auto awhile back, it was near perfect also.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Just this year purchased a CZ 527 American in .223. Really only shot at 3 hogs and 2 of them are no longer diggin holes.. They're pushin daiseys. So hopeing to get some loads up and ready for anything from squirrels - deer. Oh, did a little tweaking on the trigger to get it crisp and that's about it! was shooting tight cloverleafs first trip outta the box with a leupold 2-7 scope

·
Registered
138 Posts
Currently I own a 452LUX left hand. I could not be happier with this gun. It is a real shooter. I put a ghost-ring appeture blade on the rear sight (the nice tangent model) from Eric Brooks. Love this rifle. One day I hope to have the forend checkered to match the rear grip area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts