The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Never shot one but seen them. They are an entry-level O/U. Especially with double guns, you get what you pay for. I would think it would be a decent gun if you were only using it for hunting with occasional target shooting and not firing a lot of rounds per month. If you're a regular target shooter then I think you would be better of with a B-gun (Browning, beretta).JMO.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have the next CZ up from the "Mallard", the "Canvasback".

I got it in the spring of 2010. My sona nd I shot it a few times at clay bird this past summer. September rolls around and my son wanted to take it for Early Goose season. Well, he killed a fair number of goose this season along with dome ducks and now ........ I don't have MY gun anymore.
HE TOOK IT!

Well, at least it's not collecting dust in the cabinet.

It seems to shoot really nice and so far has been reliable.

I'd buy another CZ! Good luck!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=160225

Anyone can spend their money however they see fit.

Building double guns the right way costs money and it is often reflected in the price tag on the firearm.

Cutting corners on stuff like case colors, metal hardness, painting figure onto cheap wood stocks, and poor machining get you double guns that sell brand new for well under a $1000.

Before american sxs went extinct they cut costs. Look as the Savage model B's. They are ugly clubs, but at least they are reliable.

Who defines quality??? Well a guy that shoots his Kahn/Mossberg 10 shells a year doesn't have enough experience with his particular gun to make any sort of quality claims. Its apparent when holding one of these o/u's the lack of quality in craftsmanship. Even the CZ's when compared to a Browning or a Beretta or even a Fausti are lacking. They have some nice features and look ok from about 20 feet, but in your hand they have balsa wood stocks with wood figure painted on, painted on case colors or a silver reciever that has a finish like pot metal.

If you've got $800 to spend, spend it on a decent semi auto, or a used good quality sxs or o/u.

If you just love the romance of a sxs and can only afford a Huglu, and you think its right for you. By all means get it. I warn you though not to pick up a quality double that your buddy owns.

If you want to go cheaper, look into cheaper italian (fausti), spanish (lanber), or something japanese.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK that sounds like a better argument. The whole muslims satement was crap. I really don't care what faith my gun maker has.

I understand what your saying for I have a Baker Black Beauty SXS in 12. The gun is over 30 years old and its tight and shoot great. But with a family of four and being that I don't shoot all that much only hunt. I was looking for opions of this gun.

Thanks Koz

·
Premium Member
23,651 Posts
On CZ quality. I currently own a CZ 97B 45acp, CZ 452 American 22lr and a CZ 550FS in the 6.5 Swede. ALL are top shelf in the quality dept.
Comparable to many guns I owned costing much much more..such as Browings, Kimber, Anschutz etc.

I wouldn't hesitate in adding a 4th CZ to my collection!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts